NIT ticket details.....

8 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

$20 each - free parking. Premium season ticket holders can buy up to 8 in their premium level. If all can't be filled "next best section" will be assigned. 15 total ticket limit. 
Main level and balcony seating is all general admission.

Thanks Ed.  You are quite simply.... the best. 

On another note.  Sure different than when Mr. Glass turned down an offer to host an NIT game...... at home.

What happened to the Schedule/Roster thread ? I went there to check when and how to watch our Hoosiers in the NIT. I know the season is over for some of you. However, it's not over for me. And I am sure many of you as well.

Plse help me HSN.  I don't want to go to another fan board to find out

3 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Thankfully the 3 pt line is being moved back.  That should really play into our hands.  

It might actually.  It takes something that we struggle with and makes that item more difficult for the opponent.  Moving that line back may not make a lick of difference for us, we have not hit them well all year.  It may hurt a team that has marginal shooters who make it enough to be fools gold though.

The wider lane should help our team that wants to drive too.  Keeps the interior from being clogged with bodies.

4 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Thankfully the 3 pt line is being moved back.  That should really play into our hands.  

Made me laugh but then I read...

26 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It might actually.  It takes something that we struggle with and makes that item more difficult for the opponent.  Moving that line back may not make a lick of difference for us, we have not hit them well all year.  It may hurt a team that has marginal shooters who make it enough to be fools gold though.

The wider lane should help our team that wants to drive too.  Keeps the interior from being clogged with bodies.

...which are excellent points.  One other thing I noticed...Devonte is often well behind the line when he takes 3 pointers.  He may be better than average under a rule like that.

At any rate, should be interesting to watch...

59 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Excellent point.  Honestly I did think of that, I was just too focused on being a smart allack. 

Broke down and got some. I’m doing it for Little Keet, he is six, who is obsessed with all things IU basketball. He is old enough to start comprehending things, but he still doesn’t understand the let down the NIT is. He just knows IU is playing. He is still at the age where he views every game in a vacuum and doesn’t quite grasp it was a bad season. He is having his tonsils and adenoids removed on Thursday, so this is our night out before that. 

8 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Excellent point.  Honestly I did think of that, I was just too focused on being a smart allack. 

"I'll take how many different ways to spell alec for $200, Alex."

Just razzing you PJ.  I love ya, man.  Little Keet will be on my mind come Thursday.  That's a lot of work in one day, for a little man.

Just now, milehiiu said:

"I'll take how many different ways to spell alec for $200, Alex."

Just razzing you PJ.  I love ya, man.

Lol. You don’t know how long I pondered how to spell it before I just said “forget it” and moved on. I get called that a lot, I rarely write it though. 

16 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Broke down and got some. I’m doing it for Little Keet, he is six, who is obsessed with all things IU basketball. He is old enough to start comprehending things, but he still doesn’t understand the let down the NIT is. He just knows IU is playing. He is still at the age where he views every game in a vacuum and doesn’t quite grasp it was a bad season. He is having his tonsils and adenoids removed on Thursday, so this is our night out before that. 

Have a great time. Prayers for your little man. I am very confident that surgery will make a big difference in his overall health. 

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

One other thing I noticed...Devonte is often well behind the line when he takes 3 pointers.  He may be better than average under a rule like that.

Rob has ridiculous range too. He was practically in Greenwood when he hit the game winner against Butler.

Cool enough post I read it out loud to my wife.  

Hope you and Little Keet have a GREAT time and cheer on our Hoosiers!  Very cool!  Best wishes to LK for a successful surgery on Thursday - he'll be in my thoughts and prayers.  Keep us posted :)

46 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Thought this was pretty cool from Twitter -  

What initially started as the donation of a few tickets turned into several offering to donate additional tickets.  Very cool.  

I remember when Coach Crean invited Martha to his first Hoosier Hysteria/Midnight Madness. And Martha was unable to attend, upon the recommendations of her doctor. So.... it is very cool to know that she will be in attendance on March 19.  That is really special.

And thanks to all who are making this possible.

At that time, she was living in Chicago.  Wonder if that is still the case.

I had no idea, Martha was still alive. After all, she is up there in age.  Let alone that she is a tweeter.  Really cool.

And yes. Really cool of you...Mrs. S. Not only to find. But to share with us all here at HSN.

Martha  will go down in IU history as a legend. No different than others who took the court.

Again... thanks for sharing.

And with that. I leave HSN with this :

The Tradition Of Martha The Mop Lady 

Martha's attending should be reason enough to go to the game!  I consider her a hoosier legend.  Just a little anecdote. When Martha was doing the IU intros in the 80's, my young daughter would stop whatever she was doing anywhere in the houses and run to the TV and clap and dance while she sang.  When done my daughter would tell me she wanted to grow up and be the IU cleaning lady!  One of my all time fondest memories is tied to Martha.  I cannot hear her sing and not think of those days. Truly love that lady. God Bless Her.    

GO IU!

10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I remember when Coach Crean invited Martha to his first Hoosier Hysteria/Midnight Madness. And Martha was unable to attend, upon the recommendations of her doctor. So.... it is very cool to know that she will be in attendance on March 19.  That is really special.

And thanks to all who are making this possible.

At that time, she was living in Chicago.  Wonder if that is still the case.

I had no idea, Martha was still alive. After all, she is up there in age.  Let alone that she is a tweeter.  Really cool.

And yes. Really cool of you...Mrs. S. Not only to find. But to share with us all here at HSN.

Martha  will go down in IU history as a legend. No different than others who took the court.

Again... thanks for sharing.

And with that. I leave HSN with this :

The Tradition Of Martha The Mop Lady 

1 hour ago, FWIUFan said:

Martha's attending should be reason enough to go to the game!  I consider her a hoosier legend.  Just a little anecdote. When Martha was doing the IU intros in the 80's, my young daughter would stop whatever she was doing anywhere in the houses and run to the TV and clap and dance while she sang.  When done my daughter would tell me she wanted to grow up and be the IU cleaning lady!  One of my all time fondest memories is tied to Martha.  I cannot hear her sing and not think of those days. Truly love that lady. God Bless Her.    

GO IU!

I loved Martha the Mop Lady, too!! Wasn’t the same IU game without that commercial.  

However, just to clarify, that Twitter account is not the actual beloved Martha.  That’s just the username.  I don’t actually know who is behind that username but I follow the person. And it was very cool what transpired with the tickets yesterday 🙂

17 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I'll be praying for Little Keet to have a smooth surgery and recovery. My child also had this operation right before Christmas and helped ease some recurring issues he had been dealing with.. I also hope you both enjoy the game tonight too!  

GO HOOSIERS!!! !! 

Archived