DIY projects

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I have a bloody finger just looking at that picture. That’s how metal roofing and I get along. 

Somehow I got cut on the shin...LOL.  BTW, I did commercial metal siding and roofing for 15 years...got the scars to prove it.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Well I found 5 - 4”x6”’s and enough other pieces to at least get a corner started. 

Per my usual method I started digging the holes by hand. Since I’m totally NOT “Bought into” this project I quickly became bored and day dreamed of happily going to the liquor store. 
Just then it hit me. A neighbor told me some months ago, he’s got a one man powered auger. In the UTV I lept and off I went. 43 cc’s of redneck amazement soon began and what would have been 2 hours, was complete in 7 minutes. 
Why am I the last to learn these new tricks? I’ve since ordered one, 110cc’s!!! ( I may find oil) and turned on 4 new projects that I wanted, but didn’t want to dig the holes for. 

Now kill this plague and sell me some freakin lumber already! 

B936C4FC-90CA-4825-8779-80E0A5F8CC2B.jpeg

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier
Added pic
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Well I found 5 - 4”x6”’s and enough other pieces to at least get a corner started. 

Per my usual method I started digging the holes by hand. Since I’m totally NOT “Bought into” this project I quickly became bored and day dreamed of happily going to the liquor store. 
Just then it hit me. A neighbor told me some months ago, he’s got a one man powered auger. In the UTV I lept and off I went. 43 cc’s of redneck amazement soon began and what would have been 2 hours, was complete in 7 minutes. 
Why am I the last to learn these new tricks? I’ve since ordered one, 110cc’s!!! ( I may find oil) and turned on 4 new projects that I wanted, but didn’t want to dig the holes for. 

Now kill this plague and sell me some freakin lumber already! 

B936C4FC-90CA-4825-8779-80E0A5F8CC2B.jpeg

When you are finished stop by by house. Last week I had to hand dig 16 holes each with 2 ft of concrete around each post. Got the new fence put up now the wife wants to add to the deck for the pool. Unfortunately cant find any 4x4 post😀

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

When you are finished stop by by house. Last week I had to hand dig 16 holes each with 2 ft of concrete around each post. Got the new fence put up now the wife wants to add to the deck for the pool. Unfortunately cant find any 4x4 

If you  want some 4×4, I have about 6 that I dont need.  If we could find find a meeting place north of Seymour on hwy 11 I will give them to you. I don't need them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wife wanted me to replace the fencing in our back yard (country setting). Can't imagine why...the only thing I did was run the tractor thru it.

Anyway I'm tearing off the cattle, woven wire fencing (lg squares pic) and replacing it with what they call "no climb". (2nd pic)

Trying to do it in the mornings, as it's 100* here right now @ 5 pm. If you don't get your work done by 11 am, you're at risk for heat exhaustion. Have about 400 linear feet to replace, and then once that's done, I have to cut all the posts to the same height to install a 2x6 rail all around the top (which wasn't in the original "plan"...but is now)

I'm too old to be doing this stuff by myself, but the job is too small for the fencing contractors to do it. So I'm doing a little bit everyday. Hope to be done by the end of the weekend. I'll post a finish pic when I'm done (if I'm not dead!)

Cattle wire.JPG

Horse fencing.JPG

• Like 4

My son and I worked on project for his new apartment.  This was the blind leading the blind. We were pleased with the results far from perfect but 1st attempt at doing any furniture.  We tool an old trunk and converted it into a coffee table. Total cost about 20 and an end  table with 15 or less in it.

20200721_204355.jpg

20200721_204404.jpg

20200721_204415.jpg

20200721_204424.jpg

• Like 6

On 7/6/2020 at 4:10 PM, mrflynn03 said:

My air compressor assaulted me today. Was putting it away after doing brakes on my truck.  The hose came loose from the chuck on the tank and my berries took a shot of air and got drilled my the end of the hose. Not cool. 

I was having a hard time relating to everyone’s DIY projects. Then I saw this. Now I fit in. 😂

• Haha 2

On 7/15/2020 at 5:51 PM, DWB said:

Finally finished my fencing project on Monday. 1st pic is what I had to start with. Cattle, woven wire fencing. 2nd pic is the new "no climb" wire fencing, and the 3rd pic is the finished product. Did about 400 linear feet.

Boy...am I beat! 100* heat and 100% humidity for the whole job. Only worked in the early morning hours to keep from keeling over.

Turned out OK, not perfect, but "better than your average SC contractor".

Cattle wire.JPG

Horse fencing.JPG

Finished job.JPG

• Like 5