DIY projects

18 hours ago, rico said:

8 yards poured this morning....

IMG_0025.JPG

Looks good. But...ummmm...this is a "DIY" thread, not a "I hired it done" thread, and I don't see your smiling face anywhere in the pics !  You could have at least picked up a trowel and pretended you did it...

:rollinglaugh:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rico said:

Put the upstairs windows in last year.  Got to trimming the exterior out yesterday.  I still have the interior to do...oh, and it looks like Tammy needs to clean the siding.

IMG_0039.JPG

Window trim looks really good ! Never thought red trim would look that good.

But...based on your "I hired it done" concrete job, I'm a little skeptical that you're actually doing the work ! (just kidding...🤪) I know I sure the hell wouldn't get up on a ladder that high at my age. (but you're still a pup!)

Edited by DWB
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Day 1 of siding my house in the books. If you really zoom in, you can see the block I put behind the water spigot. At this pace, I should be finished sometime around the spring...of 2022!

20200809_171337.jpg

Looks solid. When you are done, if you want, you can replace a section of my siding toward the peak of my house. I have a 12 pitch roof so about 20' up. I'm hiring that job out.  

For real though, taking on a project like that gets 2 thumbs up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Looks solid. When you are done, if you want, you can replace a section of my siding toward the peak of my house. I have a 12 pitch roof so about 20' up. I'm hiring that job out.  

For real though, taking on a project like that gets 2 thumbs up. 

The peak on the north side addition is about 20 feet. The peak on the main part of the north side is about 22 feet. That little 2 foot section is going to be such a pain! Luckily most of my house is pretty easy, and it is really easy siding to use (or at least that's what my brother told me haha).

13 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Day 1 of siding my house in the books. If you really zoom in, you can see the block I put behind the water spigot. At this pace, I should be finished sometime around the spring...of 2022!

20200809_171337.jpg

Looks like your doing a great job...I want to replace our siding at some point down the road. And here I thought I was working hard this weekend finishing staining our deck and power washing the sidewalks/siding.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Looks like your doing a great job...I want to replace our siding at some point down the road. And here I thought I was working hard this weekend finishing staining our deck and power washing the sidewalks/siding.

The problem is, we started golf practice today, so after 4 hours on the golf course, I have no desire to go out in the heat and work on it. I'm hoping it rains so I have an excuse to stay inside!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

The problem is, we started golf practice today, so after 4 hours on the golf course, I have no desire to go out in the heat and work on it. I'm hoping it rains so I have an excuse to stay inside!

I think you got your rain...or at least we did...lost power for over 2 hours here.

12 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

This will be a first DIY project of this type for me..restoring a 1965 Allis Chalmers garden tractor 

Are you going to tear 'er down, and rebuild/refurb it a piece at a time? Parts should be a challenge. Does it run now?

40 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

This will be a first DIY project of this type for me..restoring a 1965 Allis Chalmers garden tractor 

20200813_145540.jpg

Dude!!! We had a B-12 and it was awesome! The attachments I built for the rear to help hauling the wood for our wood stove and plowing potato’s!!! 
thanks for the memories man. 

7 hours ago, DWB said:

Are you going to tear 'er down, and rebuild/refurb it a piece at a time? Parts should be a challenge. Does it run now?

Thats the plan..i did alot of research online and found someplaces that have parts...tried starting last night and the battery is dead,so thats first on the list..it does turn over though

7 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Dude!!! We had a B-12 and it was awesome! The attachments I built for the rear to help hauling the wood for our wood stove and plowing potato’s!!! 
thanks for the memories man. 

Im excited to try and get it restored...it was my Dads so its been in the family since birth..😂👍

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Reacher said:

Bringing some railroad ties to MI to fix the Seawall at our cottage. Pretty much maxed out my truck with 7. They are heavy. A couple hundred pounds a piece. 

20200814_105706.jpg

20200814_184011.jpg

Is your cottage near South Haven? Just curious as we have family with a place there and in a few years we are considering getting a place somewhere near beach in MI. Good luck finishing seawall.

11 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Is your cottage near South Haven? Just curious as we have family with a place there and in a few years we are considering getting a place somewhere near beach in MI. Good luck finishing seawall.

Thanks. Sisters Lakes. East of St Joe. Was talking to somebody a couple weeks ago in Holland. They said houses really selling there. Id shoot for sooner than later. Prices are going up. 

Made some good progress on Seawall. Built up 2  solid layers. Have one more to go than backfill. Out fishing now. Have a sore back ;(

20200815_173302.jpg

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Reacher said:

Thanks. Sisters Lakes. East of St Joe. Was talking to somebody a couple weeks ago in Holland. They said houses really selling there. Id shoot for sooner than later. Prices are going up. 

Made some good progress on Seawall. Built up 2  solid layers. Have one more to go than backfill. Out fishing now. Have a sore back ;(

20200815_173302.jpg

Nice work...I threw my back out a couple years ago redoing all the flooring in our house...I had to lug up box after box of hardwood flooring and then install it and I think I overdid it. Nothing fun about sore back. I lived in St Joe for a brief period. I would love to be within walking distance to Lake Michigan. We are thinking of buying a place that we could retire to eventually. Unfortunately, still too much going on with life and finishing up some projects on our house that we won't be buying in the next year...hopefully it won't be a sellers market when we do take the plunge on buying a place. Good luck finishing that up...it does not look like fun.

• Thanks 1