DIY projects

14 hours ago, Reacher said:

Made some good progress on Seawall. Built up 2  solid layers. Have one more to go than backfill. Out fishing now. Have a sore back ;(

Sure hope you had a front loader to move those around. They are HEAVY !!

Looks good though. Just don't kill yourself lugging those around...:(

3 hours ago, DWB said:

Sure hope you had a front loader to move those around. They are HEAVY !!

Looks good though. Just don't kill yourself lugging those around...:(

No front end loader :( just manpower. 3 men in their 50s and 1 24 yr old weightlifter who was indispensable. Never knew those ties were so heavy. Of course when we were picking them out, we didn't take the light ones and ones with lots of splits, we wanted the solid ones. Going to try and borrow a trailer to bring up the last load. Hopefully only one more day of work. Wall lasted 30 years and is now more solid than before so this will be my last time doing this. Back feeling pretty good today so happy about that. Was very worried about someone getting injured but thankfully dodged that. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Blowing my timeline out of the water!

I'm glad I got good siding that should last for decades. I don’t enjoy this!

20200816_181558.jpg

You're doing a great job, so don't get discouraged, especially if you're doing it as a "one man band". You've got most of the hard stuff out of the way. All the cut outs for your mechanicals, and the trim pieces are up.

You're probably already doing this, but if not, you might want to snap 2-3 rows of chalk line to make it easier to line up the siding, as you go up.

Looks like about 36'+ run. Wood grain Hardy Board?

1 hour ago, DWB said:

You're doing a great job, so don't get discouraged, especially if you're doing it as a "one man band". You've got most of the hard stuff out of the way. All the cut outs for your mechanicals, and the trim pieces are up.

You're probably already doing this, but if not, you might want to snap 2-3 rows of chalk line to make it easier to line up the siding, as you go up.

Looks like about 36'+ run. Wood grain Hardy Board?

LP Smartside with the Diamond Kote finish. It is nice doing it by myself because it has a little plastic piece on the back, so it sits right on the board before it. I checked for level after doing 5 rows, and it's perfect. My brother has installed it on quite a few houses he's done, and he told me it was idiot proof. He's clearly never seen me do it though!

Rows 3-5 took about 45 minutes total to do. It was really nice after the first 2 rows took forever!

The biggest problem is that we start school today, and I coach golf, so I'm only free on the weekends now. I should have ordered it earlier in the summer!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Got the engine tore down and cleaned,put back together and painted...looks better then the previous picture 

20200824_172007.jpg

Here’s where our paths divide. I’d have went with flame red engine paint to pair with the flames, later to come on the hood and the red neons shining down from the frame.

Other than that, good looking block man. 😀

• Haha 3

I guess this qualifies as DYI project.  Had a bathroom sink that was running slow. Thought I would pass it along. Absolutely safe. Inexpensive. No taking apart the bottom of the sink.  And no plumber.  Worked like a charm.

How To Unclog/Clean Your Bathroom Sink Drain or Any Drain! QUICK AND EASY! (Baking Soda and Vinegar) 

Other recommended natural ways to unclog a sink :

5 Natural Ways to Unclog a Bathroom Sink | Hiller How-To

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Any of you all ever installed one of these 3D floor Murals? I'm doing one for the wife who loves Dolphins. The material is PVC, but the finish isn't nearly as high gloss as this pic. Anyone know if I can put Poly over PVC or have any other ideas? 74636996_bathfloor1.thumb.jpg.90549cbfcac14e0defb86e10aa96f2f6.jpg

I’d be afraid of falling through the glass!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Any of you all ever installed one of these 3D floor Murals? I'm doing one for the wife who loves Dolphins. The material is PVC, but the finish isn't nearly as high gloss as this pic. Anyone know if I can put Poly over PVC or have any other ideas? 74636996_bathfloor1.thumb.jpg.90549cbfcac14e0defb86e10aa96f2f6.jpg

I put up a wall mural. Took 2 people and a lot of time and patience. I don't see why you couldn't poly over it. Manufacturer have any recommendations? 

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I guess this qualifies as DYI project.  Had a bathroom sink that was running slow. Thought I would pass it along. Absolutely safe. Inexpensive. No taking apart the bottom of the sink.  And no plumber.  Worked like a charm.

How To Unclog/Clean Your Bathroom Sink Drain or Any Drain! QUICK AND EASY! (Baking Soda and Vinegar) 

Other recommended natural ways to unclog a sink :

5 Natural Ways to Unclog a Bathroom Sink | Hiller How-To

Good timing.  Have a pesky tub drain that drano wont fix. Nothing like standing in ankle deep dirty bathwater while showering.