DIY projects

Life decided to clog my kitchen sink waste line. I just figured it out today. Have had water coming out of my a/c condensate drain pipe for a couple days now. Awesome. Freaking water everywhere. Hope a pipe snake clears it. Really dont want to go under the house and plumb on a day off. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Getting close to having siding finished on one side. Coaching golf will be done this week, so hopefully I'll have more free time coming up.

20201012_123831.jpg

Looks very nice Leather...

Are you going to raise the grade and put in a window well when you're done with the siding?

Might as well clean the gutters while you're  "up there" too ! (lol)

9 hours ago, DWB said:

Looks very nice Leather...

Are you going to raise the grade and put in a window well when you're done with the siding?

Might as well clean the gutters while you're  "up there" too ! (lol)

Thanks!

The grade will come up a little bit, but I'm eventually going to put some kind of stone veneer on the foundation.  The house is only 800 square feet, so I wanted my basement to feel like another floor and not like a basement.  I have 9 foot basement ceilings, so I had to have the foundation pretty high to be able to get decent sized windows.  Next year will hopefully be landscaping, so I'll get a window well for the egress window when I do the landscaping.

The gutters were in pretty rough shape, so they're all going to get replaced.  I might be able to transplant some of the trees growing in them!  Also going to take a pressure washer to the soffit to try to clean it up.  If all else fails, I'll throw a coat of paint on it.

12 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

The grade will come up a little bit, but I'm eventually going to put some kind of stone veneer on the foundation.  The house is only 800 square feet, so I wanted my basement to feel like another floor and not like a basement.  I have 9 foot basement ceilings, so I had to have the foundation pretty high to be able to get decent sized windows.  Next year will hopefully be landscaping, so I'll get a window well for the egress window when I do the landscaping.

The gutters were in pretty rough shape, so they're all going to get replaced.  I might be able to transplant some of the trees growing in them!  Also going to take a pressure washer to the soffit to try to clean it up.  If all else fails, I'll throw a coat of paint on it.

Sounds like a great plan, and I love that you're "doing it right". Be proud!

On 10/14/2020 at 10:32 AM, rico said:

Finished, with a roof leak...Ugh

finished.jpg

And you're also color blind !! (LOL)

The only way you'll make that look good is if you put an IU logo under the window about 2'-3' tall.

You should have used that level to run your screws on the bottom plate....even Jessie has that look of "I tried to tell him, but he won't listen" :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Guess I'll throw my recent activity in...

Currently have a new house under construction, so we're staying with my in laws since the end of September and will be for another month. 

As we were packing up the old house, my wife said "Don't put the table saw in storage....", and I knew I was in for it. 

Wish I had a before pic, but this was October's "rent" payment:

IMG_20201017_225907.jpg

The only molding that I didn't do was the crown (but not for lack of asking). Previous baseboards were just 3.5" generic builder grade.

Everything aside from the cornice over the window and the cove on the mock "columns" started out as 4x8 sheets of MDF (why waste actual wood just to paint it white?). 

• Like 5