Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

mrflynn03

DIY projects

18 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

You must have JUST missed me. Does anyone know how many treated 4”x4” there are in the south half of Indiana? 

ZERO! Arggh

I was at Carter lumber Noblesville 2 or 3 days ago and I heard them tell a guy no treated lumber till July.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

I said I would never roof again...front porch repair.

IMG_0888.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

I have the same drill. Straighten out that flag!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

I said I would never roof again...front porch repair.

IMG_0888.JPG

IMG_0889.JPG

I have a bloody finger just looking at that picture. That’s how metal roofing and I get along. 

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I have a bloody finger just looking at that picture. That’s how metal roofing and I get along. 

Somehow I got cut on the shin...LOL.  BTW, I did commercial metal siding and roofing for 15 years...got the scars to prove it.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Well I found 5 - 4”x6”’s and enough other pieces to at least get a corner started. 

Per my usual method I started digging the holes by hand. Since I’m totally NOT “Bought into” this project I quickly became bored and day dreamed of happily going to the liquor store. 
Just then it hit me. A neighbor told me some months ago, he’s got a one man powered auger. In the UTV I lept and off I went. 43 cc’s of redneck amazement soon began and what would have been 2 hours, was complete in 7 minutes. 
Why am I the last to learn these new tricks? I’ve since ordered one, 110cc’s!!! ( I may find oil) and turned on 4 new projects that I wanted, but didn’t want to dig the holes for. 

Now kill this plague and sell me some freakin lumber already! 

B936C4FC-90CA-4825-8779-80E0A5F8CC2B.jpeg

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier
Added pic
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Well I found 5 - 4”x6”’s and enough other pieces to at least get a corner started. 

Per my usual method I started digging the holes by hand. Since I’m totally NOT “Bought into” this project I quickly became bored and day dreamed of happily going to the liquor store. 
Just then it hit me. A neighbor told me some months ago, he’s got a one man powered auger. In the UTV I lept and off I went. 43 cc’s of redneck amazement soon began and what would have been 2 hours, was complete in 7 minutes. 
Why am I the last to learn these new tricks? I’ve since ordered one, 110cc’s!!! ( I may find oil) and turned on 4 new projects that I wanted, but didn’t want to dig the holes for. 

Now kill this plague and sell me some freakin lumber already! 

B936C4FC-90CA-4825-8779-80E0A5F8CC2B.jpeg

When you are finished stop by by house. Last week I had to hand dig 16 holes each with 2 ft of concrete around each post. Got the new fence put up now the wife wants to add to the deck for the pool. Unfortunately cant find any 4x4 post😀

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

When you are finished stop by by house. Last week I had to hand dig 16 holes each with 2 ft of concrete around each post. Got the new fence put up now the wife wants to add to the deck for the pool. Unfortunately cant find any 4x4 

If you  want some 4×4, I have about 6 that I dont need.  If we could find find a meeting place north of Seymour on hwy 11 I will give them to you. I don't need them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

If you  want some 4×4, I have about 6 that I dont need.  If we could find find a meeting place north of Seymour on hwy 11 I will give them to you. I don't need them. 

That's awesome I will send you messages so we can meet and buy them from you. Thanks!!

My air compressor assaulted me today. Was putting it away after doing brakes on my truck.  The hose came loose from the chuck on the tank and my berries took a shot of air and got drilled my the end of the hose. Not cool. 

• Haha 3