Juwan Morgan's Comments / Playing for Future

It did more than throw shade at a player...it dredged up the past and potentially reignited something that may have nearly destroyed a team mid-season. Don't get me wrong...it made for interesting and even humorous reading but the more I thought about it, the more I felt it didn't need to stay up in a public forum.

What if it turns out not to be true or implicated the wrong parties? I don't fault Mile for bringing it up but I also don't fault the mods for eventually shutting it down.  IU fans know there was a problem or multiple problems this season but I don't see it as necessary to try, convict and execute a teenager over it.

11 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

That's fine, I just think that if it were another player not named Langford that it would have been treated differently.

I would like to formally apologize to Devonte Green and Justin Smith though.  I blasted both of you on this forum for being bad teammates.  That does not appear to be the case.  Instead it was the guy who gets treated like a Saint by the media and fanbase even though he is just passing through and does not appear to be the great teammate that people say he is and all the while you guys are committed for the long haul but were getting blasted by fans like me.

Sorry guys, hero worship is a b----.

You do realize that you're doing the same thing you're apologizing for, right? You're taking the situation you're referring to as if it were 100% truth, when in reality, all we're ever going to hear about it is going to be rumors.  They might have some basis in reality, but there will never be a 100% certain way to tell. 

56 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

That's fine, I just think that if it were another player not named Langford that it would have been treated differently....

Well, you would be thinking wrong. Has nothing to do with who the rumor is about. It is WHAT the rumor is. 

It is just nonsense to act like the mods are censoring any negative talk about Romeo. 

Read the boards, there is plenty. 

These rumors can be very damaging. No matter who the person is. It is called discernment, not hero worshipping.,

27 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I apologize if I ruffled feathers, but unfortunately it looks as though, Mile, 0708 and I all got a "proper dressing-down".

I'm sure not upset...fascinating stuff and I'm glad you brought it, but agree that it shouldn't stay up permanently. That's strictly for the benefit of the kids involved and the team I love. Certainly don't fault you for sharing and it does provide some great insight into one of the possible causes of the midseason slide.

Archived