Best steak house in Bloomington?

3 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I found Jankos leaving a bit to be desired, tbh, but would agree it's at worst a top 3 steak in BTown

What would be the other two? Just curious. I remembered Colorado steakhouse before they closed and reopened being really good but Bloomington doesn't have very many steakhouses.  I know it's a chain but Longhorn is very good.  

On 3/20/2019 at 9:46 AM, Inequality said:

Never been impressed with Jankos. The manager threw me out one night when I told him I was pretty sure I could take off my leather belt, cover it in steak sauce, gnaw on it until it turns white and get the exact same experience he served me on a plate.

just food for thought, Jankos get their steaks from Krogers. 

53 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

just food for thought, Jankos get their steaks from Krogers. 

I'm on good terms with a butcher from my local Kroger.  The top 5% of the stuff they get in generally doesn't hit the sales floor, and it's usually steakhouse quality. 

27 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That is what I have heard. 

Even if it's a large chain grocery store, a decent butcher is a handy guy to know.  If you want an extra thick porterhouse....done.  Custom cut and trimmed roasts, easy.  Coarse grind beef for chili? Yep.  And it's usually off of the better stuff in the back. 

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

Even if it's a large chain grocery store, a decent butcher is a handy guy to know.  If you want an extra thick porterhouse....done.  Custom cut and trimmed roasts, easy.  Coarse grind beef for chili? Yep.  And it's usually off of the better stuff in the back. 

Don't know if i know any I will just message my order to you. LOL

17 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

My wife's a Kroger meat cutter.

Archived