St Francis game thead.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Does anyone know why Race was not on the bench tonight.  If this has been discussed my bad but they never said anything about on the telecast tonight.

He's declaring for the draft tomorrow....

He had the flu. That guy has had the worst luck this year!

18 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Think while we get worked up on our team’s first half showing, it’s pretty typical in a tourney to see the underdog team come out gang busters in the first and outplay the better team, followed by a second half take over by the better team 

In a way, that's a mark of respect, and should be a reminder.

To us, this was "only" the NIT. The lovely parting gift from Monty Hall.

To St. Francis, this may as well have been the Final Four. They got to play on stage at college basketball's Carnegie Hall. 7PM tip on ESPN. This was possibly the chance of a lifetime. The kid who sank the last two free throws will be telling his kids that he scored in a D1 game on Indiana's home court.

They wanted to prove that they belonged on the same court as us. And they did.

Is the program where we want it to be? No. But things aren't all gloom and doom either. Most of the world still sees us as a target, not a worst case scenario.

Now, let's just hope we continue to play like it....

Well, the trudge to MSG continues.  I missed the first half, but sounds like I didn’t miss much.  Second half was alright I guess... Felt like watching a November game.

How much time was left in the half when Archie got T’ed up?  I wanna go back and watch the (too little too late) fireworks.

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

Well, the trudge to MSG continues.  I missed the first half, but sounds like I didn’t miss much.  Second half was alright I guess... Felt like watching a November game.

How much time was left in the half when Archie got T’ed up?  I wanna go back and watch the (too little too late) fireworks.

Very little, if any.

Archived