Best time of the year

For me as a huge college basketball fan and I would guess most on here this is the best time of the year as a sports fan.  Actually for be from November through April is the best for me but college basketball also ahs the longest off season as well.  All summer I look forward to when the college basketballs season starts and until at least September when football starts it is a hard time for me as a sports fan.  Even when the season starts I look forward to March and what it represents so sometimes I forget to enjoy the regular season.  By the time March gets here it seems like it goes by so fast and these next 3 weeks will fly by and before we n=know it One Shining Moment will be playing and the season ill be over.

Hope everyone has a great 3 weeks of the tournament and everyone enjoy the best sporting even in this country or at least to me it is.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For me as a huge college basketball fan and I would guess most on here this is the best time of the year as a sports fan.  Actually for be from November through April is the best for me but college basketball also ahs the longest off season as well.  All summer I look forward to when the college basketballs season starts and until at least September when football starts it is a hard time for me as a sports fan.  Even when the season starts I look forward to March and what it represents so sometimes I forget to enjoy the regular season.  By the time March gets here it seems like it goes by so fast and these next 3 weeks will fly by and before we n=know it One Shining Moment will be playing and the season ill be over.

Hope everyone has a great 3 weeks of the tournament and everyone enjoy the best sporting even in this country or at least to me it is.

A) And the next 4 days specifically.  Best 4 days on the sports calendar, IMO. 

B) Funny you mentioned One Shining Moment. I haven't watched One Shining Moment live since 2001.  Turned the TV off before the '02 version played, and swore I wouldn't watch it live until it was Indiana's year.  I did go back and catch parts of a couple of years on YouTube; one specifically I had to hear was just how much of a train wreck the Jennifer Hudson version was. 

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

A) And the next 4 days specifically.  Best 4 days on the sports calendar, IMO. 

B) Funny you mentioned One Shining Moment. I haven't watched One Shining Moment live since 2001.  Turned the TV off before the '02 version played, and swore I wouldn't watch it live until it was Indiana's year.  I did go back and catch parts of a couple of years on YouTube; one specifically I had to hear was just how much of a train wreck the Jennifer Hudson version was. 

Well to me the last few years of One Shining moment has not been as good as the original

24 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Before I had 3 kids every year a group of us spent the 1st weekend of the touring Vegas. Went crazy in The luxor sport book when Bryce Drew nailed his big shot. Whole place was crazy. 

Now that my kids are grown, we go to LV this weekend every year. Last year all around the PH sportbook was unreal during the Virginia game, i'll never forget it. THIS year I failed and listened to some friends that kept telling me NEXT weekend is the one to attend, so we are trying it, leaving a week from today. I'm already regretting it, should be on a plane now.

5 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Before I had 3 kids every year a group of us spent the 1st weekend of the touring Vegas. Went crazy in The luxor sport book when Bryce Drew nailed his big shot. Whole place was crazy. 

We did that for a few year, too. Great times. We'd end up staying up all night to get our bets in before the lines at the sports book got too long. Well, we'd stay up all night for other reasons, too, but that was a nice bonus of being awake that early.

21 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Used to go to Vegas every year as well. March 2003 was my last but I was in Imperial Palace (not sure of name now) watching in a huge room. Tons of TV's on games and tons of TV's on US invading Iraq. CNN had coverage. Still can see the images like it was yesterday.

Along the same subject of best times of the year. What's the best Thursday of the year? Today, Opening at Masters, Thursday kickoff to NFL or Thanksgiving? I go today...but Masters is really, really close and I probably would change my mind. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Used to go to Vegas every year as well. March 2003 was my last but I was in Imperial Palace (not sure of name now) watching in a huge room. Tons of TV's on games and tons of TV's on US invading Iraq. CNN had coverage. Still can see the images like it was yesterday.

Along the same subject of best times of the year. What's the best Thursday of the year? Today, Opening at Masters, Thursday kickoff to NFL or Thanksgiving? I go today...but Masters is really, really close and I probably would change my mind. 

1. Today

2. Thanksgiving

3. Masters

4. Thursday kickoff

Today

Thanksgiving

Thursday kickoff

root canals

visits to the in-laws

preparing tax returns

wading in an alligator-infested swamp

petting a cobra

emptying a bed pan

listening to Roseann Barr sing the national anthem

playing in the Titanic's brass band

the remaining seven circles of hell

The Masters

27 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Today

Thanksgiving

Thursday kickoff

root canals

visits to the in-laws

preparing tax returns

wading in an alligator-infested swamp

petting a cobra

emptying a bed pan

listening to Roseann Barr sing the national anthem

playing in the Titanic's brass band

the remaining seven circles of hell

The Masters

Wow. First person I've ever heard not like The Masters besides maybe Martha Burk. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Wow. First person I've ever heard not like The Masters besides maybe Martha Burk. 

Golf in general bores the hell out of me.  Respect the skill of golf's greats, but I'd choose most infomercials over watching golf.

...and there are a lot of us rural rednecks around here that feel similarly...you'd be surprised.  I am, however, intrigued by the idea of skeet shooting at a driving range.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Golf in general bores the hell out of me.  Respect the skill of golf's greats, but I'd choose most infomercials over watching golf.

...and there are a lot of us rural rednecks around here that feel similarly...you'd be surprised.  I am, however, intrigued by the idea of skeet shooting at a driving range.

Understand. I guess since it's the biggest tourney of year some casual fans would still like to watch. I equate it to the non racing fan who still turns in for Indy 500 or Daytona. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand. I guess since it's the biggest tourney of year some casual fans would still like to watch. I equate it to the non racing fan who still turns in for Indy 500 or Daytona. 

Still love the 500...watch every year, but my interest in NASCAR really tailed off after Jeff Gordon had his run.  I think I watched maybe 20 laps of Daytona this year.  Funny how my interest in sports has cycled.  About the only ones that have been constants over the years is the Indy 500 and Hoosier basketball.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Still love the 500...watch every year, but my interest in NASCAR really tailed off after Jeff Gordon had his run.  I think I watched maybe 20 laps of Daytona this year.  Funny how my interest in sports has cycled.  About the only ones that have been constants over the years is the Indy 500 and Hoosier basketball.

When Tony and Nascar were running full speed I never missed a show or lap of any race. I can honestly say I've watched 20 laps of Nascar since he stepped down. Agree with you. Strange how it happens.

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

After Gordon hung it up, ironically, I've followed IndyCar more than NASCAR. The 2018 chassis design sucked me back in.

Archived