Hoiberg to Nebraska

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, rico said:

I might be one of the few, but I think Nebraska is a good gig if they can find a "winner" that would stick around after tasting success.  Which brings us back to Miles...where might he end up?

If Hoiberg doesn't fit that bill, I don't know who could. He's from the Corn Belt. He's got a track record of success in a Power 5 conference. He knows how to stay competitive at non-traditional schools that won't attract a ton of high profile recruits (jucos and transfers).

21 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

If Hoiberg doesn't fit that bill, I don't know who could. He's from the Corn Belt. He's got a track record of success in a Power 5 conference. He knows how to stay competitive at non-traditional schools that won't attract a ton of high profile recruits (jucos and transfers).

I am actually a MIles fan. Not because of this name.... but because of how he made it to the B1G. 

However, I would hope that "The Mayor"  would never allow Something like this to happen.

I think this is good for the Big Ten. It adds a high quality coach to the conference, and unless he changes his recruiting tactics compared to when he was at Iowa St. it doesn't really impact to many other schools from a recruiting standpoint. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think this is good for the Big Ten. It adds a high quality coach to the conference, and unless he changes his recruiting tactics compared to when he was at Iowa St. it doesn't really impact to many other schools from a recruiting standpoint. 

Miles isn't leaving anything for a team really, so you are correct in that he will fill the roster with juco's and transfers to try and win now.

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

He might snag a mid-high level recruit here and there. The NBA resume can't hurt with that. But agree, and his MO of jucos and transfers will work well at Nebraska's level. If anything, it may work better than at ISU.

9 hours ago, rico said:

I might be one of the few, but I think Nebraska is a good gig if they can find a "winner" that would stick around after tasting success.  Which brings us back to Miles...where might he end up?

If the administration at Depaul would ever get serious about basketball again I think it would be a perfect landing spot for him. Power conference. TV exposure. Honestly he's done very, very well recruiting Illinois (and the Midwest) over the years. Seems like a perfect match. 

10 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Fred also left a successful program to go to the NBA.  Who is too say he won't do it again?

50 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If the administration at Depaul would ever get serious about basketball again I think it would be a perfect landing spot for him. Power conference. TV exposure. Honestly he's done very, very well recruiting Illinois (and the Midwest) over the years. Seems like a perfect match. 

Interesting one.  I wonder if Miles likes the big city?

1 minute ago, rico said:

Interesting one.  I wonder if Miles likes the big city?

I think his personality would thrive there. Charismatic, open and honest. I think it would play very well. However I'll put this in the 1% category. Depaul's administration hasn't cared about sports or hoops in years. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think his personality would thrive there. Charismatic, open and honest. I think it would play very well. However I'll put this in the 1% category. Depaul's administration hasn't cared about sports or hoops in years. 

Understood.  Personally, I think Miles will be highly sought after.

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

This is the weirdest coaching move I've ever seen.  One coach hasn't been fired yet, yet another coach already has his job.  Yet now, the coach that hasn't been fired is being rumored for different jobs. 

Kinda like Fouls and his wives, except I don't think any of the coaches are in prison, yet! 😁

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

This is the weirdest coaching move I've ever seen.  One coach hasn't been fired yet, yet another coach already has his job.  Yet now, the coach that hasn't been fired is being rumored for different jobs. 

Wow.  That's a lot of yets.  

mile high salute for the use of most yets, in one post .  Love ya Zline. 

4 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Yet that coach's (who might be getting hired) old job might be opening up? https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-coaching-changes-alabama-reportedly-negotiating-a-buyout-for-avery-johnson/

Archived