Hoiberg to Nebraska

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think Prohm is an Alabama alum. He is a very nice guy from my couple of run ins with him. My only question is does he want to uproot his family again. I think the expectations would be a step up at Alabama but the money would certainly be better I'd assume.

So you think Prohm may pull a Brohm if offered the chance to return home?

• KDB changed the title to Hoiberg to Nebraska?
13 minutes ago, Dr. Jones said:

So you think Prohm may pull a Brohm if offered the chance to return home

Possibly. The fan's, players, program's etc he has worked at love the guy. He is very much a God, Family, Team kinda guy. If they are very happy there and he feels it's best for his family he may turn them down.....that said I'm sure the raise he would get would be hard to do.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Possibly. The fan's, players, program's etc he has worked at love the guy. He is very much a God, Family, Team kinda guy. If they are very happy there and he feels it's best for his family he may turn them down.....that said I'm sure the raise he would get would be hard to do.

This would not help our already slim odds with Trendon Watford.

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

This would not help our already slim odds with Trendon Watford.

Oh...I think Memphis with an outside shot from Duke is where he ends up. As likable and a great a guy as Prohm is I don't see him winning over Watford in the little time he would have once getting there. I think it is pretty safe to say Alabama and LSU are likely out of the running.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Money aside...Iowa St. basketball is better than Bama basketball.  

Agreed....and I think Iowa St has pretty reasonable expectations too...and he is settled in and has that program on a good path....hard to start over and then fight it out in the SEC with the slime in that conference. Seems only the coaches that pay to play win.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Agreed....and I think Iowa St has pretty reasonable expectations too...and he is settled in and has that program on a good path....hard to start over and then fight it out in the SEC with the slime in that conference. Seems only the coaches that pay to play win.

As Bryce Drew just discovered.

56 minutes ago, KDB said:

So. What's the dang hold up ?  Either you want the gig, or you don't.  If money is an issue... I know of cases in the past of coaches who took the gig... only to work out the money later on.  Hoiberg, may very well take the gig.  However, IMHO... there's got to be something holding him back from taking the job.

Somehow... "It's Indiana... It's Indiana"... does not seem to ring as solid for Hoiberg and Nebraska.

• KDB changed the title to Hoiberg to Nebraska
43 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Seriously wondering what is the hold up ?  Could it be that "The Mayor" is conflicted about taking a job at his alma mater's in state rival ?  Close friends and relatives urging not to take the job ? 

I'm fairly certain Nebraska is not an in-state rival of Iowa State. :coffee:

Archived