March Madness thread

rico

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

We can say that, but so far every B10 team has advanced. Not easy to do in this format.

I doubt Kansas having national championships makes the Big 12 any kind of powerhouse conference.

Fair enough, but unless IU is a top tier team, the conference just doesn't have the status imho.  

46 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

I just think it does.  We have gotten teams to the Final Four, but not done too well there. The Big is zero for the 2000s.

I’ve heard some analysts make the same argument, but I don’t really get it. Did Villanova’s titles make the Big East.a premier conference?  Doesn’t look like it. 

If Gonzaga won in 2017, would that define the WCC? Clearly not. 

For years, the SEC had KY and nobody else that was a consistent threat.

Same with Kansas and the Big 12.

The B1G is deep, but lacks an elite team. Although MI is capable and a healthy MSU could have been.

The B1G doesn’t get the players that go to Duke, KY, KS or UNC, but neither does anyone else.

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I’ve heard some analysts make the same argument, but I don’t really get it. Did Villanova’s titles make the Big East.a premier conference?  Doesn’t look like it. 

If Gonzaga won in 2017, would that define the WCC? Clearly not. 

For years, the SEC had KY and nobody else that was a consistent threat.

Same with Kansas and the Big 12.

The B1G is deep, but lacks an elite team. Although MI is capable and a healthy MSU could have been.

The B1G doesn’t get the players that go to Duke, KY, KS or UNC, but neither does anyone else.

Not saying Big East or SEC is elite.  Clearly ACC is the best, and in focusing on the Big Ten all I am saying is that until this conference starts being serious NC threats with wins to back it up, we just are great.  Maybe we are, heck.....what do I really know?  I just can't feel right about a conference that can't get a banner since Bill Clinton was president and half our undergrads hadn't been born yet.  People rightfully point out IU's lack of a banner since '87, but all other teams haven't gotten one since MSU in '99 and prior to that was UM in '89.  Our conference has won only two since we last won.  If IU is not elite, the Big Ten is not elite, no matter what the unethical Spartans might claim.

53 minutes ago, MPM said:

If Old Dominion is the best team in Conference USA, then that’s one bad conference. This team looks awful. 19 points in one half, 1 assist on 8 baskets. They have as many fouls as field goals. 

They made a good run on Purdue.  The Boilers escape.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Purdue lucky they played a horrible offensive team tonight because PU did not look great.  When Old Dominion cut it to 9 they missed 4 straight 3's and couldn't get any closer.

Very lucky Old Dominion is atrocious offensively. I’m looking forward to Nova ending their season on Saturday.

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Purdue lucky they played a horrible offensive team tonight because PU did not look great.  When Old Dominion cut it to 9 they missed 4 straight 3's and couldn't get any closer.

I agree Purdue didn’t look great but I’ll take a 13 point win when Nojel didn’t even play in the first half. But we’ll need him to be close to 100% to be able to beat Nova. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I agree Purdue didn’t look great but I’ll take a 13 point win when Nojel didn’t even play in the first half. But we’ll need him to be close to 100% to be able to beat Nova. 

3-24.

Is that the day they play or how CE does from the floor?

Archived