March Madness thread

rico

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I actually picked all 4 12 seeds to win in my bracket and came one shot by New Mexico St from getting them all right.

It’s an interesting dynamic that the 12-5 games almost always have multiple upsets. I’m not mathematically inclined enough to get into the why - just interesting 

Just now, 13th&Jackson said:

Calipari whining about challenges of playing freshmen. I thought that was his model

Teflon John is better at working the media than he is at money laundering. Every interview, it's downplay/downplay/whine a little/downplay/deny/downplay. Keeps expectations lower, makes him appear humble, and gives him an "I told you so" fallback.

I thought McGee of Wofford played so selfishly down the stretch trying to do it all himself.  Get the ball to Hoover who was 4-5 instead of McGee who was 0-12. McGee against UK and KU this year was a combine 0-21 from 3's so when they step up in competition he struggles.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought McGee of Wofford played so selfishly down the stretch trying to do it all himself.  Get the ball to Hoover who was 4-5 instead of McGee who was 0-12. McGee against UK and KU this year was a combine 0-21 from 3's so when they step up in competition he struggles.

I wouldn’t say selfish because those off balance 3s are ones he hits normally. That said he looked exhausted chasing Herro all day on the other end. That said I didn’t see any special plays run for him..no double screens nothing done to get him open looks other than running him around from one side to the other with a simple screen or hand off. Gotta have more creativity especially knowing teams are keying on him.

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Calipari whining about challenges of playing freshmen. I thought that was his model

Richards is a sophomore and Travis is a senior...don’t know why he is complaining....that is about as much experience as most....he ran off his sophomore back up point guard.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Richards is a sophomore and Travis is a senior...don’t know why he is complaining....that is about as much experience as most....he ran off his sophomore back up point guard.

He just wants everyone to realize what a brilliant coach he is against insurmountable odds

Archived