March Madness thread

rico

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FKIM01 said:

If you call the charge on Zion Williamson that you should have, four Duke points come off the board, Williamson fouls out and Tacko Fall stays in the game.  Complete crap.

Exactamundo! They ate the whistle. That's a charge every frickin time unless it's 15 seconds to go and Zion has the ball. 

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If UCF would have just made the easy play and not try for a Sportscenter top play on the alley oop they would have went up 6.  Also that last missed tip looked just like the tip by UM against us in 2013 that rolled all away around the rim and fell off.

Bingo.  You expect Duke and especially Zion to get calls but UCF had that game for the taking

Everything went right for Duke at the end. As far as the drive Tacko was in restricted area and brought his hands down...clear foul. I do think there was a little push in the back on rebound...drive at end UCF just missed...same defense Rob played on Winston...crazy finish...UCF just didn’t make the simple plays at the end.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Everything went right for Duke at the end. As far as the drive Tacko was in restricted area and brought his hands down...clear foul. I do think there was a little push in the back on rebound...drive at end UCF just missed...same defense Rob played on Winston...crazy finish...UCF just didn’t make the simple plays at the end.

But Zion should have been called for an offensive foul on the drive

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If UCF would have just made the easy play and not try for a Sportscenter top play on the alley oop they would have went up 6.  Also that last missed tip looked just like the tip by UM against us in 2013 that rolled all away around the rim and fell off.

Difference is that was with 2 minutes to go. No way to explain or justify it....push in the back and charge on Zion. Those 2 calls had to happen. 

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

But Zion should have been called for an offensive foul on the drive

Uh no. Defender in restricted area...defender brought his arm down on his onto his arm. Maybe I had a different feed but that was a blocking foul 10 out 10...I haven’t even heard anyone call for a charge...push in the back on Barrett possibly but UCF just didn’t do the fundamentals at the end. Missed free throw...threw alley oop away...fouled up 3...didn’t block out on free throw..it is what it is...even with all that that tip was all but in.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Uh no. Defender in restricted area...defender brought his arm down on his onto his arm. Maybe I had a different feed but that was a blocking foul 10 out 10...I haven’t even heard anyone call for a charge...push in the back on Barrett possibly but UCF just didn’t do the fundamentals at the end. Missed free throw...threw alley oop away...fouled up 3...didn’t block out on free throw..it is what it is...even with all that that tip was all but in.

Guess we watched a different game. Everyone in the country is saying charge there. Push in the back on missed free throw. I'll agree with you. Must have been a different feed. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Guess we watched a different game. Everyone in the country is saying charge there. Push in the back on missed free throw. I'll agree with you. Must have been a different feed. 

Can’t take a charge in the restricted area...I guess you could say a no call??? But too much contact for that and Tacko brought his arm down instead of staying verticle...yeah I guess people see it differently....the guys calling the game and in the studios didn’t even suggest it could have been called on Zion....now the rest of America that is sick of Duke...sure I suppose so.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Can’t take a charge in the restricted area...I guess you could say a no call??? But too much contact for that and Tacko brought his arm down instead of staying verticle...yeah I guess people see it differently....the guys calling the game and in the studios didn’t even suggest it could have been called on Zion....now the rest of America that is sick of Duke...sure I suppose so.

I’m talking about the contact at the top of the lane before Zion got to the restricted zone.  That was either a charge or a block.  There is no question about Tacko’s fifth foul, it just shouldn’t have gotten that far.

UCF vs Duke.  It is sad that USF lost.  Reffing  aside.  The game came down to the ultimate essence of the game of basketball.  Duke executed at the end. And UCF had two opportunities at the end of the game.  UCF failed to execute, when it mattered most. USF had two opportunities to win the game at the end.  No different than IU's first game with Arkansas.  Had IU executed at the end of the first Arkansas game , IU most likely would have made the NCAAT, rather than the NIT.  Had USF executed at the end of their game against Duke, not only would they be moving on... but all week, we would be talking about the team that took down a team most have winning it all.

Oh, I am totally invested in the NCAAT.  Summer's are long with no college BB. 

Archived