March Madness thread

rico

13 minutes ago, SteveS said:

I’m talking about the contact at the top of the lane before Zion got to the restricted zone.  That was either a charge or a block.  There is no question about Tacko’s fifth foul, it just shouldn’t have gotten that far.

Oh...ok...see now I’m getting it. I knew we had to be talking about something different. Ehh...I wasn’t bothered either way with that...Play on. But I can at least see why people are saying that now. Thanks!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh...ok...see now I’m getting it. I knew we had to be talking about something different. Ehh...I wasn’t bothered either way with that...Play on. But I can at least see why people are saying that now. Thanks!

That's what I was saying as well. The earlier contact. All good. Great game. Just hate when calls have to influence an outcome. At the end of the day. 2 calls or no calls influenced an outcome. 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Uh no. Defender in restricted area...defender brought his arm down on his onto his arm. Maybe I had a different feed but that was a blocking foul 10 out 10...I haven’t even heard anyone call for a charge...push in the back on Barrett possibly but UCF just didn’t do the fundamentals at the end. Missed free throw...threw alley oop away...fouled up 3...didn’t block out on free throw..it is what it is...even with all that that tip was all but in.

Dude...rewind the game.  He fouled another player before he even got to Tacko.

...and it wasn't just a little foul.

Time to move on...it’s like all the people complaining about the missed call against the Saints...it happens...most of the time people want the refs to stay out of it at the end...people could go back through every game and call out all the missed calls...life goes on...they should too. Both teams had a chance to win...Duke found a way..end of story.

31 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Time to move on...it’s like all the people complaining about the missed call against the Saints...it happens...most of the time people want the refs to stay out of it at the end...people could go back through every game and call out all the missed calls...life goes on...they should too. Both teams had a chance to win...Duke found a way..end of story.

I patently disagree people want refs to stay out of it at the end; we are fed the narrative that they do, but I don't know very many people that want obvious calls ignored at the end of games.

As far as Duke goes, check the link for the missed calls (charge is in there)

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/03/24/2019-ncaa-tournament-duke-referees-bad-call-hook-and-hold/?fbclid=IwAR1z6vh6U5ZPS9lCgOIYWICYjEz54A7QP1bvJHdOgCDsyrarrqZm33U9TgA

So ACC gets 5 in the Sweet 16, SEC gets 4, and Big Ten gets 3.  One each for the Big 12, WCC, AAC, and PAC 12/Big West.  Big East gets shut out.  

There weren’t any truly awful teams in the Big Ten, but I’d say the ACC and SEC were just as tough as the Big Ten this year.  Those three conferences were clearly a cut above the rest this season.

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Can’t take a charge in the restricted area...I guess you could say a no call??? But too much contact for that and Tacko brought his arm down instead of staying verticle...yeah I guess people see it differently....the guys calling the game and in the studios didn’t even suggest it could have been called on Zion....now the rest of America that is sick of Duke...sure I suppose so.

The charge came on the 1st defender that he just pushed down prior to contact with Fall

Seth Greenberg taking a hatchet job to the officials on ESPN this morning. Basically said the officials missed the hook and hold/push as well as Zion charge has to be made. Said he spoke with 2 F4 officials last night and said no way this crew gets a F4 assignment because both calls were a point of emphasis and still not called. 

13 hours ago, dgambill said:

Uh no. Defender in restricted area...defender brought his arm down on his onto his arm. Maybe I had a different feed but that was a blocking foul 10 out 10...I haven’t even heard anyone call for a charge...push in the back on Barrett possibly but UCF just didn’t do the fundamentals at the end. Missed free throw...threw alley oop away...fouled up 3...didn’t block out on free throw..it is what it is...even with all that that tip was all but in.

The defender was not in the restricted area and Zion extended his arm and it should have been called for an offensive foul

Archived