March Madness thread

rico

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I was off a bit but the context is training lime an Olympian.  Former Hoosier Cody Miller talking about training and coaching IU swimmers.  https://www.idsnews.com/article/2019/03/cody-miller-and-blake-pieroni-among-professional-athletes-training-in-bloomington

Thanks for the link! I’ve always followed swimming and was curious. 

His vlog is really good. If you aren’t into swimming, he has episodes about nutrition and talks about the team, facilities, and coaches quite a bit. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

Thanks for the link! I’ve always followed swimming and was curious. 

His vlog is really good. If you aren’t into swimming, he has episodes about nutrition and talks about the team, facilities, and coaches quite a bit. 

IU swimming is the place to be. Cody Miller and his Vlogs are putting IU swimming in the map. I coach age group swimming and all the swimmers know who Cody Miller is. It’s very interesting from a recruiting stand point because Cody graduated 3 or so years ago but trains with IU, vlogs about it and IU really benefits from it. He’s an Olympian and has endorsement deals and while he’s not breaking NCAA rules, I’m just waiting for the NCAA to overstep and try to regulate it. Just imagine Vic training with our team in the summer and vlogging about it. 

32 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

IU swimming is the place to be. Cody Miller and his Vlogs are putting IU swimming in the map. I coach age group swimming and all the swimmers know who Cody Miller is. It’s very interesting from a recruiting stand point because Cody graduated 3 or so years ago but trains with IU, vlogs about it and IU really benefits from it. He’s an Olympian and has endorsement deals and while he’s not breaking NCAA rules, I’m just waiting for the NCAA to overstep and try to regulate it. Just imagine Vic training with our team in the summer and vlogging about it. 

I got the impression that the vlogs were popular, but this is the only firsthand info I’ve gotten. The first one I saw I realized it was a great recruiting tool. The coaches seem to get it, too. 

I hope NCAA stays out of it. Outside of the obvious benefits IU gets (and any other school with a pro group) I think it’s good to have the best in the country train with each other. 

Sorry for going off topic. Let’s go UVA!

33 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

What's your issue with pointing out not being forced to do something doesn't equate to it being moral, nor does legality? 

Seems we were veering into politics to me. It appeared you were advocating for wealth redistribution from what I could see and it's apparent that there's a lot of disagreement among members on the subject.  I could say more but I think we've already violated the no politics rule so I'll leave it at that. 

Let's talk basketball. 

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Seems we were veering into politics to me. It appeared you were advocating for wealth redistribution from what I could see and it's apparent that there's a lot of disagreement among members on the subject.  I could say more but I think we've already violated the no politics rule so I'll leave it at that. 

Let's talk basketball. 

Thank you. Texas tech & Gonzaga got a great one going! 

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Chalk. What chalk ?  Two days. And two number one's go down.

Man, I am loving this tournament. 

Me too Mile. You know my love fest for 3s. Rooting for ‘style’ and I’ve backed myself in a corner here. I’m legit rooting for Purdue here. WTF?!?!

2 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

If you saw the second half of Gonzaga,  you'll know that TexasTech will have seven fouls in the first five minutes against Duke. No way does Texas Tech get that  many no calls against Duke. Mark it down

I am really looking forward to that game. 

1 minute ago, JWoolsey said:

Me too Mile. You know my love fest for 3s. Rooting for ‘style’ and I’ve backed myself in a corner here. I’m legit rooting for Purdue here. WTF?!?!

Umm.  Can't bring myself to that.  LOL.   Also can't wait for the game. Will say PU played a heck of a game the other night. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Umm.  Can't bring myself to that.  LOL.   Also can't wait for the game. Will say PU played a heck of a game the other night. 

Hahah. I’m excited to watch the battle of styles here. Packline in full force. Let’s see..

Archived