March Madness thread

rico

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

Haarms, Wheeler, and Williams are going to be a load next year, even if Edwards goes pro. 

Yes,  But this Purdue team will have to play much different next year.  The pack line may work better against them next year.  Wonder who they will play against in the ACC challenge. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Jones said:

Yes,  But this Purdue team will have to play much different next year.  The pack line may work better against them next year.  Wonder who they will play against in the ACC challenge. 

Besides Wheeler they won't have much outside shooting if Edwards leaves

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

What exactly happened in the Guy recruitment?  I’ve heard different things.  Anyone have a good handle on it?  I’m not sure what to believe. 

He visited Virginia and fell in love with Bennett. Also he wasn't sold on our system.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Hey wait. Are you telling me that PU is not a FB school ?  I am confused. 

I'm not sure what they are.  I was just there on Thursday night to pick up my son.  Sometimes I think its an all boys school.  I never see any cute girls walking around campus.  Depressing.

9 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Can't wait until Boiler comes in and starts whining about the correct calls that were made in overtime.

Figured you’d post about me after the game. No complaining here. Cline had a chance to ice it and didn’t and then their center hits a buzzer beater after a scramble. Improbable but it happened. Hell of a season for Purdue. IF Carsen comes back, we’re a top 10 team IMO. 

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was 9 years old the last time Purdue made the final four.  This game is why I don't really like fouling when you are up 3 because it may have kept them from going to the final four.

Mathematically, it was the right call.  Analytics, I know you do not like them, but the probability of Virginia tying the game in this instance were around 15% looking over the math very quickly.  The odds of them hitting the 3 to tie were MUCH higher, around double the 15% or higher.  It's easy to point at the outcome and say "see - analytics, meh".

One thing I would have done differently, foul while taking 1-3 more seconds off the clock.  Not sure that was possible.

Please for the love of God and all that is right, stop making me defend CMP. :panic:

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Figured you’d post about me after the game. No complaining here. Cline had a chance to ice it and didn’t and then their center hits a buzzer beater after a scramble. Improbable but it happened. Hell of a season for Purdue. IF Carsen comes back, we’re a top 10 team IMO. 

I think this tournament run and how well he played made it a lot more likely he will not be back.

14 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I really thought he would come back when he couldn't broad side of a barn, but now...I'd expect otherwise.  He picked a good stage to maximize his stock.

12 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You guys had a great season. At the end of the year I didn’t think you had this run in you....definitely didn’t see Carson going off to this extent. I think Painter did the right thing....still took a half court heave and last second shot to tie it. The magic just ran out. Even Carson’s banked in 3 wasn’t enough. I think Chance Carson comes back is same as Romeo. Stock won’t go up any.

Just now, dgambill said:

You guys had a great season. At the end of the year I didn’t think you had this run in you....definitely didn’t see Carson going off to this extent. I think Painter did the right thing....still took a half court heave and last second shot to tie it. The magic just ran out. Even Carson’s banked in 3 wasn’t enough. I think Chance Carson comes back is same as Romeo. Stock won’t go up any.

Yep I agree. Carsen is who he is at this point in time. Not sure coming back would help his draft stock much at all. 

StLBoiler23,

with all seriousness you’re a good guy and have proven that a long time. Obviously as an IU fan I don’t mind seeing Purdue lose, but I’m sorry for your loss old bud. And I actually mean that. In a small way for many of my boilermaker family friends I kinda wanted u guys to get a final four. 

But like I said feel bad for you cuz I know ur a good fan of your team

53 minutes ago, Dr. Jones said:

Had Purdue won would Painter have been in line for a raise?  He's making a lot less than their football coach.  

...and frankly, he's done a lot more than the football coach.  I don't get the idiot Purdue fans on Facebook already calling for his head...lunatics.

25 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

StLBoiler23,

with all seriousness you’re a good guy and have proven that a long time. Obviously as an IU fan I don’t mind seeing Purdue lose, but I’m sorry for your loss old bud. And I actually mean that. In a small way for many of my boilermaker family friends I kinda wanted u guys to get a final four. 

But like I said feel bad for you cuz I know ur a good fan of your team

Thanks man I appreciate that. If going into the year someone would’ve told me you’d win the B1G and lose in the Elite 8 I’d have probably laughed and said sure I’d take that. 

Just some random thoughts. Hats off to CE and Purdue. Best year they could have asked for. Won't take away the sting of how overtime was forced for awhile though. Regarding other game....Texas Tech continues to help me look smart. Really, really good team. Solid in all aspects. 

Nothing earth shattering here but either our current players better be putting up 1000's of shots per day to get better at shooting from 3 or we'll need at least 2 pure shooters added to the roster. I'm not going through another season of no shooters. You can't win in today's game without taking advantage of 19'9.

Archived