March Madness thread

rico

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I really enjoyed both games yesterday. Terrible play call by Painter IMO. get the ball to the middle of the floor. CE was very impressive. I wish Romeo would have played as selfishly as Edwards and that is not a knock. I have no problem with a guy who can score taking 20 or 30 shots a game.

I actually liked the sets that UVA ran especially to get Guy some looks early in second half. TB is one fine coach. Happy for him and his team. I cheered for them to lose last year and pulling for them to win it all this year.

I am very happy to see 1 knight assistant get to the final 4. Hope the other one gets bounced this afternoon. 

Hold on. Let's back it up a bit on all the Carson love.

In the B1G this season, Edwards had the following shooting games-

Minn--4-17 in the conference tournament, 7-31 and 6-20

Northwestern--6-18

Nebraska--3-16

Maryland --8-27

IU--4-24 and 6-18

MSU---4-19 and 3-16

The only NCAA tournament team from the B1G that he shot over 50% against was Ohio St. He shot just over 39% for the year.

In the above games, the Toiletmakers went 7-4. With 4 of those wins against non-tournament teams.

While Edwards star sure did shine during this tournament, I would suggest that at least part of that was due to playing against unfamiliar opponents and teams who only had two days to prepare for what PU runs. At the next level, whatever that is for Edwards, he is going to go against elite level athletes, and coaching who will know him, and his team, inside and out.

Good for the kid that he took advantage of the national stage he was on, and probably made himself a lot of money. But lets not kid ourselves into thinking that he is this consistent, lights out shooter. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Hold on. Let's back it up a bit on all the Carson love.

In the B1G this season, Edwards had the following shooting games-

Minn--4-17 in the conference tournament, 7-31 and 6-20

Northwestern--6-18

Nebraska--3-16

Maryland --8-27

IU--4-24 and 6-18

MSU---4-19 and 3-16

The only NCAA tournament team from the B1G that he shot over 50% against was Ohio St. He shot just over 39% for the year.

In the above games, the Toiletmakers went 7-4. With 4 of those wins against non-tournament teams.

While Edwards star sure did shine during this tournament, I would suggest that at least part of that was due to playing against unfamiliar opponents and teams who only had two days to prepare for what PU runs. At the next level, whatever that is for Edwards, he is going to go against elite level athletes, and coaching who will know him, and his team, inside and out.

Good for the kid that he took advantage of the national stage he was on, and probably made himself a lot of money. But lets not kid ourselves into thinking that he is this consistent, lights out shooter. 

After the tournament he had, I don’t think anyone is going to back off the Carsen love. Sure he had inconsistencies during the year but the guy won Most Oustanding Player in the Regional and set a record for most 3’s ever made in the tournament. That will carry a ton of weight going forward. A Kemba-esque tournament. For reference, Carsen shot a better percentage from 3 this year than Kemba did his last year at UConn and their Fg% were 40% compared to 42%. Pretty damn similar. 

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Clear case where Edwards should enter the draft. His draft stock will never be higher and he carried his team as far as he could. Purdue should have a good team returning next year, but too many weird things can happen to come back for another shot at a Final Four 

Once again...We got more important things to worry about other than Carsen going to the NBA.  Just sayin'

17 minutes ago, rico said:

Once again...We got more important things to worry about other than Carsen going to the NBA.  Just sayin'

No doubt....if we are waiting for teams to get worse for us to rise back to the top instead of us getting better (players, coaching, program) than we will be waiting even longer to see our own next final four.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

After the tournament he had, I don’t think anyone is going to back off the Carsen love. Sure he had inconsistencies during the year but the guy won Most Oustanding Player in the Regional and set a record for most 3’s ever made in the tournament. That will carry a ton of weight going forward. A Kemba-esque tournament. For reference, Carsen shot a better percentage from 3 this year than Kemba did his last year at UConn and their Fg% were 40% compared to 42%. Pretty damn similar. 

Sure, the talking heads who need to help sell advertising are going to sing his praises to the heavens.

The guys that really matter, the talent evaluators for the next level, are going to focus on his entire season, struggles and all 

If Auburn can stay within striking distance til they get to the 5 minute to go mark I like the chance they catch fire at the end and UK tightens up...however they got to hold the fort....I imagine they get overrun inside because they just don’t have the horses down low to keep UK at bay.

Archived