March Madness thread

rico

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

TuneIn Radio app.  John Thompson II is actually halfway decent. 

No Kentucky, no Purdue, and halfway to no Duke and a B10 team that's not Purdue in the Final Four.  I can live with that.  Not entirely happy, but livable.

I feel like Grant Hill is probably less of a Duke homer than the other guys talking. He understands the game better than most announcers too. 

18 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Lol, I know this is one of your favorite hills to die on, but it will be vacated because Pearl is a cheating scumbag.  I have a buddy that’s a college coach and he just said the exact same thing... He also knows for a fact that Pearl has personally offered cash to recruits.

Look, you do what it takes to win. I've done what Rodney Dangerfield did in 'Ladybugs' to win a title or two.

You play the game to win.

57 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Green, Jones, Gelon, and Durham being the only scholarship guards we signed from 2015-2017 is... really bad.

Add in a transfer in Newkirk, which doesn’t make it any better. Not to turn this into something it’s not supposed to be, but I’ll do it anyways, Archie was not left a really strong group. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I feel like Grant Hill is probably less of a Duke homer than the other guys talking. He understands the game better than most announcers too. 

"Less of a Duke homer" is the equivalent of "Rupp Rafters spelling bee champion": totally meaningless in the real world. 

Won't dispute his understanding of the game though.

29 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Speaking of "madness" check out some of the most rational fans in the world at Rupps Rafters LMAO!

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 3.33.55 PM.png

I would tell hat person not to come back ad don't let the door hit you in the butt just like I do our fans who post stupid things like htis.

Per Rupp Rafters 

- Hagans sucks and won’t play next year. Maxey will play over him

- Herro played badly and got exposed, thus will return next year 

- Cal screwed up because he went away from inside game- makes no sense as Washington was constantly getting fed

- Many puffing chests out because they have made more EE than anyone else. Arguing with those dissatisfied that more of those haven’t translated into banners.

- Lots of F*%& you and you’re full of s$&@ .Maybe they will just feed on each other and disappear 

8 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

Look, you do what it takes to win. I've done what Rodney Dangerfield did in 'Ladybugs' to win a title or two.

You play the game to win.

Not if you break the rules because I would rather lose every game than have a coach like Cal or Pearl coaching IU.  How time changes because  IU fans use to look down to UK and their cheating ways but todays fan wants to be just like them.

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Add in a transfer in Newkirk, which doesn’t make it any better. Not to turn this into something it’s not supposed to be, but I’ll do it anyways, Archie was not left a really strong group. 

Yep, this team never had the talent to still be playing right now.  But it had the talent to get 20 regular season wins.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not if you break the rules because I would rather lose every game than have a coach like Cal or Pearl coaching IU.  How time changes because  IU fans use to look down to UK and their cheating ways but todays fan wants to be just like them.

People get tired of losing. They want to win 

America will not tolerate a loser - General Patton

It will be interesting to see what UK does. Johnson, Travis, Washington definitely gone. I think Richards goes...he is never going to get featured in the offense so either transfer or pro. Herro is interesting...he can be a JJ Reddick type...he is really streaky but something tells me he will want to move on too.

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Just started watching the second half. Watching with volume muted so I don't have to hear the Duke slobberfest. Already noticed Duke getting the benefit of the refs. 

Honestly it’s more a Zion slobberfest and honestly...he is pretty impressive...doing it all kinda like Carson last night.

Archived