March Madness thread

rico

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

To be honest, I didn’t for a second think it was a double dribble during the game, but just saw Gene Sterratore go over it postgame, and yes was a double dribble. Should have been called and screwed Auburn that it wasn’t  

But the foul call was still 100% the right call. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Shooter said:

That was absolutely a foul, and the official deserves lots of credit for calling it in an important situation.

They missed the double dribble but I'll admit I missed that in the moment too, as did all three announcers.

3 of the best in the game can't miss that.

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

3 of the best in the game can't miss that.

You're right, they missed it. Missed calls are part of the game but it sucks that it happened in the final seconds.

Still, just don't foul Guy and they probably win. Make two free throws and they're in OT right now. Can't pin it all on the officials.

7 minutes ago, Shooter said:

That was absolutely a foul, and the official deserves lots of credit for calling it in an important situation.

They missed the double dribble but I'll admit I missed that in the moment too, as did all three announcers.

But that was the result of the game and the officials didn't decide the winner?

24 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Foul sure, but I dont think you can call it there.  Hate to see a game taken and given by refs

To me if they did not call the foul that would have been where the ref influenced the game.  If it is a foul in the first minute of the game then it is a foul in the last second of the game.  During real time I did not see the foul but when they replayed it was obvious he went into the shooter and did not let them land.

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Given that Pearl is a slimy one, and that he has an assistant caught up in the FBI probe.... karma sucks 

We're just the opposite then. Down here in Evansville, we look fondly of Bruce Pearl and what he has meant to athletics at University of Southern Indiana. So yes I was upset at Auburn losing and how the ending went.....

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me if they did not call the foul that would have been where the ref influenced the game.  If it is a foul in the first minute of the game then it is a foul in the last second of the game.  During real time I did not see the foul but when they replayed it was obvious he went into the shooter and did not let them land.

They influenced the game by not calling the dbl dribble..  u are correct , technically it is a foul. I  am just getting tired of seeing important games won and lost by referees.  Its getting old  

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why because they play a great style of ball.  they were the #1 efficient defensive team and the #3 efficient offensive team in the country. 

The original poster's point was Virginia is not very entertaining.  Efficiency doesn't necessarily mean entertaining. 

34 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That was clearly a foul. Not sure how anyone could dispute it? The defender hopped into him and bumped his lower body. Clear foul. 

Yes.  It was a foul.  But, there are literally dozens of lower body bumps that are not called every game.  Games would last 3 and a half hours and walk-ons would be playing at the end of every game if they called hip checks throughout.  If it's called inconsistently the first 39 minutes and 59 seconds, you sure don't call it there,  In that situation, you call it if the foul is on the hand or the elbow.  You don't call it if it's a hip bump.

31 minutes ago, Shooter said:

I will admit Auburn is my number 2 team, but I was screaming for it live. It was obvious of you watched close IMO. 

I agree the foul on Guy was 100% the right call, I'm not sure what made it different than Browns last shot though. 

3 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

They influenced the game by not calling the dbl dribble..  u are correct , technically it is a foul. I  am just getting tired of seeing important games won and lost by referees.  Its getting old  

They did influence the game by not calling the double-dribble, absolutely. But the foul call on the Guy 3 was not the refs influencing the game, it was the defender making a bonehead play. 

16 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

And does that make it right or wrong? All I want is even a semblance of consistency!!

It was consistent...they called the foul both times for not letting the shooter land. If I’m shooting I want that call...I thought it was a pretty fairly officiated game...they did miss that double dribble...if you hit your free throws you don’t lose. One missed call didn’t cost them the game.

Archived