March Madness thread

rico

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Good read. Everything in coaching is stealing from someone who does it well, then figuring out how to make it work with YOUR team!!

Literally that's all it is. Idk how many games I have recorded different plays on my own so I could run them for my team lol

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Literally that's all it is. Idk how many games I have recorded different plays on my own so I could run them for my team lol

When I first started coaching I would start ever game with a set I got from the opposing team when i scouted them. It kind of was a way of saying I know what you going to do. That was part of the young egotistical immature coach that I was at times.  

I really like how Virginia plays the game and their coach.  Yeh, they have had a lot of luck in this tournament.  The clarke, Guy, Jerome trio is fun to watch how   they play together.  A lot of chemistry there. 

I'm rooting for Tech though.  Been in Texas way to long.   Started rooting for them when Knight came then moved from dallas to austin and started rooting for the Horns. Beard is a UT alum.  If TTU gets the win it will be a sweep for the Big 12.  Texas will have won the NIT, Baylor the womens title and TTU will complete the Big 12 sweep.  Don't like anything about Baylor. except attending a couple of Cedar park HS football games at their nice football stadium.    

7 hours ago, cybergates said:

Pretty telling that at the end of the Auburn/UK game, chants of SEC were heard on the broadcast. So odd. Was it Auburn fans chanting SEC instead of Auburn? Was it fUK fans chanting SEC watching their team lose? Makes no sense to me that they have more allegiance to the conference than the school.

I remember it at the end of the Auburn blowout of Carolina, not the UK game. I think it was Auburn and UK fans together. 

Either way, I agree the conference affiliation thing is weird and the SEC is the worst about it. 

I can't stand Virginia but I've got to give them the respect they deserve for what they've done to pull out these victories. With about a minute left vs Purdue they had a 91% chance to lose. With under a minute left vs Auburn they had a 96% chance to lose. This is where coaching comes in and this where you have to have killers and big game players. I hope they get their ass kicked tonight but they've made me eat some crow either way. Fair play to them. 

61-58 UVA. 

1 hour ago, JWoolsey said:

I can't stand Virginia but I've got to give them the respect they deserve for what they've done to pull out these victories. With about a minute left vs Purdue they had a 91% chance to lose. With under a minute left vs Auburn they had a 96% chance to lose. This is where coaching comes in and this where you have to have killers and big game players. I hope they get their ass kicked tonight but they've made me eat some crow either way. Fair play to them. 

61-58 UVA. 

That's why they play the games. Numbers can only tell what "should" happen. 

The last time the national title game had two coaches making their first appearance in the title game was 2008 when Bill Self faced....."vacated".....

OK, first non vacated instance of that was 2002 when a certain then-ACC team beat one of Bob Knights former programs. Tonight, I think an ACC team will again beat a former Bob Knight program. UVA by 5.

Archived