Who are you rooting for?

Since IU is not in the tourney, who are you rooting for?

As for me, I have been an IU fan first and always! But after endearing decades of the East Coast Bias and recently the SEC bias, I will root for the BIG! Yes, even Purdue. :( 

After that, I will root for the underdog!!

For me, I'm going with Michigan, after all I lived 17 years in MI. 

How about you?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murray State

Only program in the state of Kentucky worth rooting for that has a snowballs chance.

Edit: That and Morant is unreal. Name should be Jah Morant.

Edit 2: Guess I'll throw a bone to Northern Kentucky as well, given that my wife has 2 degrees from there. Although they don't meet the "snowballs chance" criteria.

Edit 3: And Wofford. I own a Boston Terrier.

Edit 4: $&%# it. Anyone but UK or Purdue.

6 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

As for me, I have been an IU fan first and always! But after endearing decades of the East Coast Bias and recently the SEC bias, I will root for the BIG! Yes, even Purdue. :( 

How about you?

Same (lived in MI for 9 years). IU fan first, but I really enjoy Michigan's style of play.

14 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

How about you?

Anyone but KY, Duke, UNC, Purdue, MSU, OSU, LSU or Wisky

Can’t stand the big ten. Was hoping like hell Michigan st would’ve lost. Just like football, when other big ten teams do well it hurts us. If we were top dawg of either sport it might be different...but until then I could care less what other big ten schools do. I will laugh my butt off if purdue gets beat tonight.

Im rooting for Murray state and I was rooting like hell for Belmont. And all the other underdogs.

3 minutes ago, hoosier8760 said:

Im rooting for Murray state and I was rooting like hell for Belmont. And all the other underdogs.

I'm completely fine with Murray State, but your anti BIG stance confuses me? Just seems if the BIG is bad it makes IU even worse!!

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I'm completely fine with Murray State, but your anti BIG stance confuses me? Just seems if the BIG is bad it makes IU even worse!!

Not necessarily anti-. But if other teams get more exposure and do well in the tournament it helps with their recruiting. Which, in turn, helps them beat us and keep us down in conference, the conference tournament, and the last few years has kept us from the NCAA tournament.

If a few other big ten teams were worse this year WE would be in the tournament...I can’t root for teams who continually beat us and keep us down. Maybe it’s just me

3 minutes ago, hoosier8760 said:

Not necessarily anti-. But if other teams get more exposure and do well in the tournament it helps with their recruiting. Which, in turn, helps them beat us and keep us down in conference, the conference tournament, and the last few years has kept us from the NCAA tournament.

If a few other big ten teams were worse this year WE would be in the tournament...I can’t root for teams who continually beat us and keep us down. Maybe it’s just me

Understandable, but I choose to go with strengthening the BIG against the other BIASES than to weaken it!

7 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I want to root for a B1G team so maybe the B1G will get some respect. I just can’t get into the vibe with other teams. So, what I will root for is swift elimination of the ESPN love affairs in the ACC and SEC

Can I like this about 1 million times!

Tonight I’m rooting for Syracuse, Michigan Wofford and Old Dominion.  My 7 year old is 12 for 12 right now and she has those 4 teams winning tonight.  She would be so happy if she woke up and found out her bracket was still perfect.  

Overall I’m with the anyone but Purdue, Kentucky, Duke, MSU crowd.  

Archived