Who are you rooting for?

For the first time in years I'm cheering for the Big10 with the exception of Purdue. When the whole Sampson debacle happened every single fan base in the conference blew it up in our faces. Won't ever go conference guy again until this year. Feel the Big 10 was slighted a bit with our seeds, how we were seeded,etc....

I'll say this. If the two best teams in the SEC needed miraculous finishes to beat our run of the mill Big 10 teams I think the conference can take a lot of pride in how they've played so far. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to be impressed with the way PU disabused Villanova.  Hold the pitchforks!  I'm an alum of both IU and PU so I'm rooting for PU.  If PU falls, then any BiG team.  If we can't make the NCAAT, then I want our conference to win it.  I am so sick of the ACC or the SEC getting all the love from the ESPN crowd.  I want the IU and the BIG to be THE DESTINATION for Bball.   

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:00 PM, FWIUFan said:

Have to be impressed with the way PU disabused Villanova.  Hold the pitchforks!  I'm an alum of both IU and PU so I'm rooting for PU.  If PU falls, then any BiG team.  If we can't make the NCAAT, then I want our conference to win it.  I am so sick of the ACC or the SEC getting all the love from the ESPN crowd.  I want the IU and the BIG to be THE DESTINATION for Bball.   

I did not attend either, (Tri-State College now named Trine University) So, I'm going to root for the Indiana team, even if it is Purdue! Basketball fans across the world, need to understand that basketball in Indiana is the epoch of all basketball ! 

Hatred of the 24 hour a day lovefest ESPN has for the ACC has me rooting against them.  Thinking it's the ACC / B1G challenge all over again for the F4.  Our in state in conference rival along with that school in E Lansing.

Who do I root for?

I guess I will root for great basketball.

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Most cursed season ever 

Then Tech will beat UK in the final, which we’ll think we like, until Cal goes to the Lakers and UK hires Beard coming off a National Championship. The only other possible outcome, given how cursed IU is, is Purdue winning the entire thing. 

15 hours ago, BGleas said:

Then Tech will beat UK in the final, which we’ll think we like, until Cal goes to the Lakers and UK hires Beard coming off a National Championship. The only other possible outcome, given how cursed IU is, is Purdue winning the entire thing. 

I think I just got sick. Thanks.

54 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Same team I always root for when IU misses, Virginia. 

Sadly, we have missed the tourney 8 of the last 15 years (with 64-68 teams making the tourney I never thought I would live to see that). Plenty of chances to root for UVA (or others).

Hope the journey “back to normal” happens next season.

Anyone but Puke ...with Sparty on deck to receive my "love" next -  should they win!!  LOL   Too bad someone has to win this thing .. 

I'd personally root against everyone left.!

Pearl - yuck.

Texas Tech - Once upon a time , "IU fans" helped fuel my dislike for them .   F them ALL!!!   Beer:30!!!  

Archived