Arkansas Postgame Thread

KDB

34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I posted this in the game thread, but it hit the bottom of a page.  Archie's #1 goal for next season needs to be getting Good Devonte to show up every game.  

If Devonte doesn't have to bring the ball up, he's a much better player. That was a nasty little press.  He was much better taking the pass from Rob that he was as the primary ballhandler.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Nothing wrong with players going back and fourth with the coach in the huddle.

Now Smith’s (assuming you mean Justin) aloofness has been a problem all season. I’d love nothing more than for him to come back and figure it out, especially since this team needs to get older not younger, but not sure Archie can put up with another season of this from him. You can count on one hand the number of games he’s actually brought the required effort. 

Absolutely agree about back and forth in huddles 

What good does it do to have a 48” vertical when you have a piss-poor attitude?  He rarely plays hard yet gets opportunity after opportunity.  Would not hurt my feelings at all if he wasn’t here next year.  I will gladly eat crow if he actually makes a turn around next year and uses his athletic ability on a regular basis.

7 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

From my observation and opinion......Justin and Al's attitude was a big part of IU's issues today....

Al?  Didn’t notice that but only watched the second half, Justin yes and and in my opinion he is gone.  He shouldn’t be back if this is how he is going to be.  I did notice when Archie brought Justin in and took him right back out he was mouthing something.  Would like to have one of our lip readers tell us what he said if you can replay it.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

This is the most Devonte Green quote ever 😂😂😂

I think Devonte has bought in.  I was on him pretty hard through the season but I really think he has climbed aboard.  Even when he makes mistakes he doesn’t pout, he just knows he screwed up and takes his lumps on the bench.  

4 minutes ago, Hard Hat said:

Al?  Didn’t notice that but only watched the second half, Justin yes and and in my opinion he is gone.  He shouldn’t be back if this is how he is going to be.  I did notice when Archie brought Justin in and took him right back out he was mouthing something.  Would like to have one of our lip readers tell us what he said if you can replay it.

Yep...Al. I was suprised that Al was so combative with Archie. It was during 2 seperate timeouts....

1 minute ago, Hard Hat said:

I didn't notice the Al attitude issues either. I do find it frustrating that Al still hasn't realized he is always open on the perimeter because teams know he can't shoot consistently. It would be nice if he learned to attack the basket off the dribble looking to make a play while the defense is out of rotation instead of jacking every three pointer than comes his way.  

Just now, JerseyHoosier said:

I didn't notice the Al attitude issues either. I do find it frustrating that Al still hasn't realized he is always open on the perimeter because teams know he can't shoot consistently. It would be nice if he learned to attack the basket off the dribble looking to make a play while the defense is out of rotation instead of jacking every three pointer than comes his way.  

I did see it and I was shocked. During a TV time out Al was back and forth with Archie...hos body language showed frustration...s

11 minutes ago, Hard Hat said:

I think Devonte has bought in.  I was on him pretty hard through the season but I really think he has climbed aboard.  Even when he makes mistakes he doesn’t pout, he just knows he screwed up and takes his lumps on the bench.  

I’m still not sure.  If you remember, he played just like this for a stretch late in the season last year, and this year he went right back to doing the same stupid stuff.

16 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

There's a difference between a coach and a player going back and forth during a huddle and an attitude problem.

I’m sorry but some of you seem to think that’s ok. Maybe a small amount but for the most part you don’t have a lot of time in a time out. A coach isn’t there to survey everyone’s thoughts every time out there isn’t enough time. If he asks you answer, if it’s a rare occurrence and you feel you’ve EARNED THE RIGHT to speak up then yes speak up. When you’re Al or Smith in sorry you have the basketball IQ of a box of used match sticks. Shut up and learn something.

9 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’m sorry but some of you seem to think that’s ok. Maybe a small amount but for the most part you don’t have a lot of time in a time out. A coach isn’t there to survey everyone’s thoughts every time out there isn’t enough time. If he asks you answer, if it’s a rare occurrence and you feel you’ve EARNED THE RIGHT to speak up then yes speak up. When you’re Al or Smith in sorry you have the basketball IQ of a box of used match sticks. Shut up and learn something.

"basketball IQ of a box of match sticks". Can I see your name on a D1 college basketball roster? 

2 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

This games over!  How about the possibility of Mighty Mighty Marshall rolling into B town!  Gets to audition for Archies job on our court..  woohoo, I know a few of you fellas will be torn on who to root for 😂😂

I won't be one of them! 

I see we are back on ragging on Justin. Smh. He may have had a horrible game but I just get sick of people wishing him gone and hating on him. Romeo Langford has similar body language sometimes but no one says a peep. I don’t know why we eat our own. Let the kid grow...only a sophomore.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Race Thompson can do everything Justin Smith can do, with the possible exception of staying healthy.  

Uh no he can’t...not yet at least. He can’t do what Justin did against Michigan St. nor the stretch of MSU, Wisconsin, Illinois where he avg 17pts and almost 6 Rebs on 50% shooting and really good defense. When Justin is locked in he is a good player...he just is terribly inconsistent. Heck he had 10 and 9 in the last game...Race played some hard nosed minutes and gave some great effort in his limited minutes but he has shown zero offensive ability....so no Race can not give us what Justin can.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Uh no he can’t...not yet at least. He can’t do what Justin did against Michigan St. nor the stretch of MSU, Wisconsin, Illinois where he avg 17pts and almost 6 Rebs on 50% shooting and really good defense. When Justin is locked in he is a good player...he just is terribly inconsistent. Heck he had 10 and 9 in the last game...Race played some hard nosed minutes and gave some great effort in his limited minutes but he has shown zero offensive ability....so no Race can not give us what Justin can.

Bet he gives way more effort.

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I see we are back on ragging on Justin. Smh. He may have had a horrible game but I just get sick of people wishing him gone and hating on him. Romeo Langford has similar body language sometimes but no one says a peep. I don’t know why we eat our own. Let the kid grow...only a sophomore.

I normally agree...everyone has a bad game on occasion. I'm always in their corner after a bad game hoping they'll come back in the next game and have a good one.

I can live with the occasional out of control drive and the questionable shot selection.

But after seeing the total lack of effort and selfish attitude on Justin's part today, if he never plays another game for IU, I'm ok with that.

Archived