Jalen Windham Commits to Creighton

Coach Robby

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IU among the schools that have reached out to Windham

Indiana assistant coach Ed Schilling reached out to Windham, who shot 36 percent from the 3-point line as a senior and averaged 17.9 points per game. The Hoosiers are looking to bolster their outside shooting.

“They stressed how they need shooters and I could fit their system pretty well,” Windham said. “I’m probably going to get in campus soon and get that set up in the next couple weeks.”

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/03/31/indiana-basketball-recruiting-new-interest-jake-laravia-and-jalen-windham-iu-purdue/3328205002/

I just came here to post this. 

I know nothing about him, but he could be the kind of player that would sit on the bench, be a good teammate and learn and grow and be a solid co tributor his junior and senior years. The kind of players we've seen be successful in the tourney for some of these final four and elite eight teams. 

I don’t know anything about him but am very sceptical since Rivals shows his only offers as Georgia State, IUPUI, Miami of Ohio, Toledo and Western Michigan.  That alone hints that this would be a reach....No offer from PU, Xavier, Cinci, ND, Iowa, etc etc.

10 hours ago, IU878176 said:

I don’t know anything about him but am very sceptical since Rivals shows his only offers as Georgia State, IUPUI, Miami of Ohio, Toledo and Western Michigan.  That alone hints that this would be a reach....No offer from PU, Xavier, Cinci, ND, Iowa, etc etc.

Pretty much like Ryan Cline offers before Purdue came calling

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Pretty much like Ryan Cline offers before Purdue came calling

And pretty much like 90% of the big men Crean signed most of which we can’t remember the names of they sucked so bad.

You can’t point to a 1/100 person who defied the odds to say we should sign kids to be desperate. If coach wants him fine, but odds are stacked against him becoming a Cline. But we might not have too many options if we have several transfer.

Seems like a reach and a bit concerning if this is the trend of our recruiting level. Don't get me wrong, this year I realized stars are not everything. But he does not have any high D1 offers currently, reminds me of the level of recruit Crean brought in towards the end. 

However, at the end of the day, it's about wins and losses. If Archie sees this kid as a gamer and a step in the "winning" direction, do what you gotta do coach. 

6 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

And pretty much like 90% of the big men Crean signed most of which we can’t remember the names of they sucked so bad.

You can’t point to a 1/100 person who defied the odds to say we should sign kids to be desperate. If coach wants him fine, but odds are stacked against him becoming a Cline. But we might not have too many options if we have several transfer.

It's not even close to 90%

This kid avged 18p a game in the MIC and had 22 in the state title game. 

Recruiting sites are quite honestly arent all that good at what they do. 

His "ranking" should be irrelevant. 

55 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

How about the kid at Belmont from Perry meridian who went from unranked to being projected pick in the draft.  Look at the final four and tell me how many 5 star All Americans are playing in it.  Purdue just won the big ten and got to the elite 8 with Cline and Eifert starting but our fan base think they are worthless since they were not highly ranked coming out of high school.

I've never watched Windham play, so I'm not for or against him at this point.  I will say, in watching the highlight videos and comparing stats, I don't see a difference between Windham and Quinones.  If anything Windham shows a willingness to get inside and fight a little more.  The difference is that Quinones is down at IMG (the prep I trust the least) and messing with Maryland, Memphis, and LSU.  

Just now, btownqb said:

Btw.. this kid was the 3rd leading scorer on Indy Heat in their summer circuit last year. TJD and Brooks the leading scorers. He also shot 46% from 3 in those 16 games on 61 attempts. 

If you add in Peach Jam, he was 45% on over 103 attempts from 3pt.  Quinones was 30.8% from 3pt in AAU play last year.  

Archived