Jalen Windham Commits to Creighton

Coach Robby

5 hours ago, ArchieBall13 said:

I like the 3 point stats you all have referenced above. Seems promising. I'll keep an open mind.

Is it possible he might fill a Matt Roth/Nick Zeisloft role on the team?  It couldn’t hurt to have someone who can stretch a defense or shoot out of a zone that can create lanes for slashers to hit, right?

I don’t know enough about him to form an opinion (not that it matters to anyone but me), but if he can hit 3s, play at a serviceable level from a pace/defensive standpoint, why not?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Bryant, OG, Morgan, Zeller, Watford, Elston, Perea, Fischer, Holt, De'Ron Davis, Devin Davis... none of them sucked. So like 10% of them sucked, 90% didn't. 

It was more of a joke than anything, but I’m not sure I would classify OG as a big or Watford. Bryant, Morgan, Zeller and DD were/are quality. I would call Elston below average, and I would call Fischer, Perea, Holt (really?), and Devin Davis (really ?) misses or ones that didn’t pan out or even come close. To each his own I guess.

5 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

It was more of a joke than anything, but I’m not sure I would classify OG as a big or Watford. Bryant, Morgan, Zeller and DD were/are quality. I would call Elston below average, and I would call Fischer, Perea, Holt (really?), and Devin Davis (really ?) misses or ones that didn’t pan out or even come close. 

They only played the 4 at IU (Watford and OG). 

And I didnt say they were studs... his comment they "sucked". Fischer, Davis, Perea, Holt... none of them sucked. Or really even close to it. 

1 hour ago, ClusterHead said:

Is it possible he might fill a Matt Roth/Nick Zeisloft role on the team?  It couldn’t hurt to have someone who can stretch a defense or shoot out of a zone that can create lanes for slashers to hit, right?

I don’t know enough about him to form an opinion (not that it matters to anyone but me), but if he can hit 3s, play at a serviceable level from a pace/defensive standpoint, why not?

No not that type of player. Can score 3 ways, not strictly a 3 point shooter 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

They only played the 4 at IU (Watford and OG). 

And I didnt say they were studs... his comment they "sucked". Fischer, Davis, Perea, Holt... none of them sucked. Or really even close to it. 

“Sucked” is prob cruel, but those guys were definitely underwhelming for IU. 

It sucks we are chasing players we didn’t give a second look to just a short time ago.   It is what it is.  This is the current state of Indiana University basketball.  Hopefully we can hit the lotto and find some players like Cline or Bohannon.  Can’t believe I just typed this 😞

33 minutes ago, Milehi Fan said:

It sucks we are chasing players we didn’t give a second look to just a short time ago.   It is what it is.  This is the current state of Indiana University basketball.  Hopefully we can hit the lotto and find some players like Cline or Bohannon.  Can’t believe I just typed this 😞

I would take Cline or Bohannon any day of the week over some of the guys IU has had in recent years.

35 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

All highlight videos show the best of a player. However, his shot looks solid and he seems to have good court vision, ball handling and passing skills. 

Agreed.

This is the highlight reel for Hanner Perea.  He was supposed to be a sure fire one and done lottery pick.  Zion before there was Zion.  Unstoppable. 

He barely saw the court at IU, on a team that needed forwards.

I've never looked at high school highlights the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47qH1kdGlUk

I'm hesitant solely because this prospect seems to be a 13th or 14th choice for the staff.  Maybe he's everything we're missing...I don't know.  It just feels like we would have heard about him sooner if he had been.

Regardless, if the staff wants him and he chooses IU, I'll cheer Jalen just as hard as anyone wearing the candy stripes.  The question is, who's scholarship is he getting?  It appears IU already has a replacement in mind for Clifton Moore's spot.

I don’t know why, but reading about this kid and seeing a few clips, the first person I think of is Jevon Carter who played for West Virginia. He was 346 in 247 rankings as a low 3 star. Outside of WVU, his offers included Akron, Dartmouth, Illinois St, Kent State, Lehigh, Toledo, Valpo, and Wisc-GB. I fully understand that not every low 3 star recruit works their tail off and becomes an all-American their senior year. But this kid seems like he’s got a little dog in him and is willing to work. Maybe others that know him or have seen him closer could comment? But I’d welcome him. 

9 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm hesitant solely because this prospect seems to be a 13th or 14th choice for the staff.  Maybe he's everything we're missing...I don't know.  It just feels like we would have heard about him sooner if he had been.

Regardless, if the staff wants him and he chooses IU, I'll cheer Jalen just as hard as anyone wearing the candy stripes.  The question is, who's scholarship is he getting?  It appears IU already has a replacement in mind for Clifton Moore's spot.

We will have 4 available that we know about: Morgan, Fitzner, Moore and Romeo. This would be the last spot.

3 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

We will have 4 available that we know about: Morgan, Fitzner, Moore and Romeo. This would be the last spot.

What if Romeo doesn't leave? Say what you want but I'm not yet convinced he does and the longer we go with no announcement, I'm less convinced any other players are leaving.

Either way, it seems a less than obvious choice for using a last scholarship. 

Just now, FKIM01 said:

What if Romeo doesn't leave? Say what you want but I'm not yet convinced he does and the longer we go with no announcement, I'm less convinced any other players are leaving.

Either way, it seems a less than obvious choice for using a last scholarship. 

He took his time announcing for IU...maybe he’s waiting to see extent of back and wrist injuries? 

2 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

He took his time announcing for IU...maybe he’s waiting to see extent of back and wrist injuries? 

Could very well be. It would not surprise me at all if he doesn't do the workouts and scrimmages because if the injuries although I've read that the back issue was getting much better and had IU made New York, he would have played.  The wrist issue is entirely different and will apparently require surgery if the rumors are to be believed. 

11 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Agreed.

This is the highlight reel for Hanner Perea.  He was supposed to be a sure fire one and done lottery pick.  Zion before there was Zion.  Unstoppable. 

He barely saw the court at IU, on a team that needed forwards.

I've never looked at high school highlights the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47qH1kdGlUk

Well, he was a borderline top 50 recruit (247 composite had him at 53). He wasn't supposed to be an NBA player at all, let alone a one-and-done lottery pick. But he had the athleticism to get there. It was clear that he was (1) super athletic and (2) realllly really far away from being ready as a basketball player.

Archived