Jalen Windham Commits to Creighton

Coach Robby

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

OK, it's not official, but let's not pretend he's coming back. The default assumption is that he's leaving and it looks like that's the coaching staff's assumption too.

I would say that if he was definitely leaving it would have already been announced and I do think there is a descent chance he is back

14 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

OK, it's not official, but let's not pretend he's coming back. The default assumption is that he's leaving and it looks like that's the coaching staff's assumption 

Who are we aggressively recruiting to take his place that indicates that is the staff's assumption?   They must be trying to get fired unless they know some "known name Indiana kid is transferring."

13 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Who are we aggressively recruiting to take his place that indicates that is the staff's assumption?   They must be trying to get fired unless they know some "known name Indiana kid is transferring."

Until recently, Keion Brooks. They have been out actively recruiting guards/wings like Beverly, Quinones, and now evaluating Windham. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/03/31/indiana-basketball-recruiting-new-interest-jake-laravia-and-jalen-windham-iu-purdue/3328205002/

There seems to be some late interest in Windham from Ben Davis. Even though he is under the radar and doesn't have any major high level offers, I think this kid is worth taking a chance on. Ben Davis produces very good athletes and players, great example Aaron Henry. This kid is 6'5" and supposedly shot a high percentage. He seems like a kid that won't back down and will have a "dawg" like mentality. Let's get him. 

56 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Until recently, Keion Brooks. They have been out actively recruiting guards/wings like Beverly, Quinones, and now evaluating Windham. 

I agree, he's probably going. But to play devils advocate, Brooks wasn't a 'Langford replacement' and since the season has ended there's actually been very little chatter surrounding IU and Beverly or Quinones. IU has been mentioned as pursuing Kira Lewis, but so has every other school and that seems like a long shot, and there really isn't any other chatter at the moment with IU and wings/guards except for Windham. 

It's really early in the offseason, but it actually seems like IU isn't hard after guards/wings at the moment. 

59 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Very little talk about going hard, if any talk that coaches have even been on the road.  I love diamonds but if this staff doesn't bring in any starter material outside of TJD this off season

I think it's a greater indication that the staff knows things we don't ie Romeo or a know transfer that fits in his place.  

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I agree, he's probably going. But to play devils advocate, Brooks wasn't a 'Langford replacement' and since the season has ended there's actually been very little chatter surrounding IU and Beverly or Quinones. IU has been mentioned as pursuing Kira Lewis, but so has every other school and that seems like a long shot, and there really isn't any other chatter at the moment with IU and wings/guards except for Windham. 

It's really early in the offseason, but it actually seems like IU isn't hard after guards/wings at the moment. 

In fairness, I believe the insiders on this and other boards said part of the pitch to Keion was as a Langford replacement (scoring wing). I could be wrong on that but I thought that was shared more than once in the Keion thread.

This came after your post here but someone just shared in the Quinones thread that he is setting up an official visit to IU.

Nobody on this board knows whether Romeo is staying or going but I'm just looking at the probability. What's the probability that he stays? He's still a lottery pick I believe, the season was not a success, the locker room / team chemistry was a mess. I'd say a 10% probability of him returning is generous. So I have about 90% confidence that Romeo's spot is open and the staff is pursuing a guard to fill out the roster. I could absolutely be wrong on this but it looks pretty clear to me that he's gone.

1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

In fairness, I believe the insiders on this and other boards said part of the pitch to Keion was as a Langford replacement (scoring wing). I could be wrong on that but I thought that was shared more than once in the Keion thread.

This came after your post here but someone just shared in the Quinones thread that he is setting up an official visit to IU.

Nobody on this board knows whether Romeo is staying or going but I'm just looking at the probability. What's the probability that he stays? He's still a lottery pick I believe, the season was not a success, the locker room / team chemistry was a mess. I'd say a 10% probability of him returning is generous. So I have about 90% confidence that Romeo's spot is open and the staff is pursuing a guard to fill out the roster. I could absolutely be wrong on this but it looks pretty clear to me that he's gone.

Don't you think a thank you is in order?

You do realize my post is what got the Quinones official locked in, right? Or did you miss my post over the weekend where I said IU was cursed and it was a lock that Duke, UK and Purdue were making the Final Four?

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Don't you think a thank you is in order?

You do realize my post is what got the Quinones official locked in, right? Or did you miss my post over the weekend where I said IU was cursed and it was a lock that Duke, UK and Purdue were making the Final Four?

The Universe is a mysterious place.

lgr0cAE.jpg

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

I listened to the Watford podcast today... made me very optimistic about Trendon coming to IU. Give the end of the podcast a listen. 

23 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I listened to the Watford podcast today... made me very optimistic about Trendon coming to IU. Give the end of the podcast a listen. 

If you have a link to that can you post it in the Watford thread??? Really thought we were out of that one so interesting to hear there is still hope!

31 minutes ago, Indykev said:

what did it say. hit the high points if you would please.

Basically Christian would love for him to go to IU but they’re super close and at the end of the day wants to do right by a Trendon. Also said Trendon wants the team to be his and so the idea that Romeo is leaving and Trendon could theoretically take over the team is intriguing to him. 

Christian actually asked the guys if Romeo was leaving and that because Romeo was leaving gave the idea Trendon would be more interested. 

5 minutes ago, Ib4IU said:

Basically Christian would love for him to go to IU but they’re super close and at the end of the day wants to do right by a Trendon. Also said Trendon wants the team to be his and so the idea that Romeo is leaving and Trendon could theoretically take over the team is intriguing to him. 

Christian actually asked the guys if Romeo was leaving and that because Romeo was leaving gave the idea Trendon would be more interested. 

Thanks I just listened to it and posted in the watford thread. Came away with the same you did. thanks again.

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

If you have a link to that can you post it in the Watford thread??? Really thought we were out of that one so interesting to hear there is still hope!

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Hoosier-Hysterics-Podcast-Christian-Watford-130796593/

listen from 1:40:00 to the end. 

I wonder how things are going with Windham.  I haven't heard much awhile.

We have 5 slots open for now, so there is TJD, Franklin, and hopefully Brunk.  There is flexibility for a couple of more.  We know Quinones and Watford would be ideal, but Windham being in the mix is interesting too.  His ranking seems unrealistically low.

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

We have 5 slots open for now, so there is TJD, Franklin, and hopefully Brunk.  There is flexibility for a couple of more.  We know Quinones and Watford would be ideal, but Windham being in the mix is interesting too.  His ranking seems unrealistically low.

I do like his background and would assume he would be a junkyard dog type with a lot of motivation to prove that he was ranked too low.  I can't see a sense of entitlement with this kid.

8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

We only have three spots open and Brunk would take one of those.  Maybe that’s what you are saying and I misinterpreted?

Archived