Jalen Windham Commits to Creighton

Coach Robby

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Now put them in order of likelihood they  become a Hoosier

Reverse the order I guess... 

33 minutes ago, btownqb said:

How do you know this? Why would those be your reactions? Because of a ranking or highlight films or?

You can just watch the highlights and immediately tell that Lester and Beverly are much better athletes. In that sense I think I answered my own question on why Windham isn't higher ranked with more D1 offers.  Beverly is more of a combo guard where Lester and Windham are more pure shooters. Athleticism wise I'd rank it 1. Beverly 2. Quinones, 3. Windham - but Windham is much further behind the other 2. For Shooting I'd rank it 1. Quinones 2. Windham 3. Beverly - but Beverly being further behind the other 2. I think all 3 value defense. Quinones would come in and start day 1 in my opinion as the 2 guard. 

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Reverse the order I guess... 

You can just watch the highlights and immediately tell that Lester and Beverly are much better athletes. In that sense I think I answered my own question on why Windham isn't higher ranked with more D1 offers.  Beverly is more of a combo guard where Lester and Windham are more pure shooters. Athleticism wise I'd rank it 1. Beverly 2. Quinones, 3. Windham - but Windham is much further behind the other 2. For Shooting I'd rank it 1. Quinones 2. Windham 3. Beverly - but Beverly being further behind the other 2. I think all 3 value defense. Quinones would come in and start day 1 in my opinion as the 2 guard. 

So you're gathering all of this from highlights?  

Have you watched an entire game of any of these 3? What about a game that was a non-AAU game? Are you familiar with any of the competition that LQ and Beverly play? What is your opinion on TJD being so close with Windham? 

It is definitely hard to judge unless you see the kids play a lot. I had not seen brooks play until the other day when lalu played img I must say though during that one game I did not see much from him but being ranked 23 must mean something. I have only seen Windham on the zone highlights and was wondering this past winter why we didn’t go after him. But limited exposure to both. I think the so called experts pay a lot of attention to the top kids and don’t really have the expertise to evaluate some of the less popular names

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So you're gathering all of this from highlights?  

Have you watched an entire game of any of these 3? What about a game that was a non-AAU game? Are you familiar with any of the competition that LQ and Beverly play? What is your opinion on TJD being so close with Windham? 

Beverly played at Montverde and Lester at IMG....both played much tougher competition than Windham. I haven’t seen Windham so I won’t comment who is better etc...but these other two kids play elite talent on a weekly basis like Keion did. They are going up against the Cole Anthony’s and 5 star talents both in AAU and HS. They obviously held their own and that is why they are so highly rated. Hard to say who we land...personally if I don’t land who I want if I’m Archie I pocket the scholarship and offer it to someone I think will be a difference maker in an other class. He said he doesn’t like to use all his scholarships anyways so to me that’s the best case. Why reach for a kid this year if he could use it on someone he really likes next year or the next and not be stuck with a non-contributor.

5 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

1. Quinones --> I'll scream with happiness

2. Beverly ---> I'll clap with happiness

3. Windham --->I'll smile, somewhat

The funny thing is that Windham is actually probably the better shooter of the 3. The other 2 are just so much more explosive. 

And this can be viewed as being a negative fan on social media.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Beverly played at Montverde and Lester at IMG....both played much tougher competition than Windham. I haven’t seen Windham so I won’t comment who is better etc...but these other two kids play elite talent on a weekly basis like Keion did. They are going up against the Cole Anthony’s and 5 star talents both in AAU and HS. They obviously held their own and that is why they are so highly rated. Hard to say who we land...personally if I don’t land who I want if I’m Archie I pocket the scholarship and offer it to someone I think will be a difference maker in an other class. He said he doesn’t like to use all his scholarships anyways so to me that’s the best case. Why reach for a kid this year if he could use it on someone he really likes next year or the next and not be stuck with a non-contributor.

They dont "only" play those top teams. Also.. didn't LQ play on their grad team and not actually IMG #1 team? Also.. Curtis Jones and Stanley Robinson went to those prep schools, so call me 100% skeptical. 

I think Quinones and Beverly could be long shots, but we may have a pretty good chance with Windham since he's an instate kid. Personally, I'd be very happy with Windham on board even if we miss the other two. This season's team was missing 2 critical aspects; 3-point shooting and mental toughness. Still believe if we had a few more mentally tough kids in our roster, we would've could've made it to the big dance even if we still sucked at 3-point shooting. Windham may be the one that brings both aspects. 

This is just arm chair scouting here but from watching all 3 thru many many highlights I see clear separation in the 3. Windham is a well rounded player...but I don’t see him being special at any certain skill set. He out muscled most smaller opponents and plays very well off Jones who looks the star of that team. I don’t see this kid blowing up into an all conference player or anything at IU. I just don’t see the elite athleticism or sharpshooting etc. Beverly is super athletic...I mean kid can finish in traffic and jump out of the gym. Should also translate defensively if he will commit himself on that end because he has long arms and is 6’4...he would be my clear choice of the 3 because his shot is good enough. Lester to me looks like a really good guard and incredible shooter. He would fill a specific need for sure. Not as athletic from what I saw...wonder if his defense would be sufficient for us. So in fitting Archie’s system...Beverly 1...Lester 2...Windham is pretty distant 3. I know we love our own here in Indiana and especially those that win at the highest level but I just don’t see him creating his own shot or being that sharpe shooting threat at IU playing at the highest college level. Could he hold his own defensively and not be a liability on offense...sure but he isn’t going to be the guy that can some day carry us or be a difference maker. 

15 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Make fun of him all you want but he landed the #1 or #2 (depending on site) player in the country not too long ago. 

Give it up. 

Edit: Also find it humorous that you're making fun of him for that, meanwhile you are all hoping we land a kid ranked in the 400's. 

I think its all in good fun TBH, I recently spoke with CTC through email and I can tell you I have never had an issue with him. That post brought back some bad memories that followed it. 

19 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Make fun of him all you want but he landed the #1 or #2 (depending on site) player in the country not too long ago. 

Give it up. 

Edit: Also find it humorous that you're making fun of him for that, meanwhile you are all hoping we land a kid ranked in the 400's. 

This is great. I love it

18 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Give it up. 

Listen,.... I for one, posted the Crean text to make reference to a creepy text to a recruit......the kind of stuff he did while coaching at IU. Those were some of the reasons recruits were turned off by him. There was zero mention of making fun of him. Good for him, that he landed #1 and #2 players..........Obviously he is doing something right now, because he really struggled at times when he was at IU....

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Maybe he has decided to take a new aggressive approach! Just as long as he doesn't pull a Crean....

Image result for tom crean creepy tweet to recruit😳

On top of the creepiness,  you have an "educator" using "alot" as a word. :)

But I liked Crean, I just didn't like the phony religious stuff and thought it was time to move on. He was good for the program and should be always be welcomed on campus. After he got canned he showed true class by supporting the IUWBB team. He also brought us two BIG10 championships. Some memorable moments during his tenure. If he would've beaten Syracuse, who knows what might've happened. 

3 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Maybe he has decided to take a new aggressive approach! Just as long as he doesn't pull a Crean....

Image result for tom crean creepy tweet to recruit😳

Don't get upset, but yeah...I laughed when I saw this.  Reminded me of an overflowing toilet at a recruit's house...💩☢️☠️

...and don't get me wrong...loved Tom Crean as a man and didn't hate him as a coach, just agreed it was time for a change when it happened.  I'm really glad to see him recruiting well at Georgia.  It would make my day to see him making Calipari's life miserable again.

Location, location, location is the primary reason Crean landed Anthony Edwards. He didn’t want to go far from home and Crean closed the door with the old, “Dwayne Wade and Victor Oladipo weren’t top recruits coming out of high school and look what I did for them. Imagine what I could do with you?!” 

Sigh..... 

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Give it up. 

Georgia also has picked up a couple crystal balls picks for Beverly, a target of IU's as well.  

22 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Don't get upset, but yeah...I laughed when I saw this.  Reminded me of an overflowing toilet at a recruit's house...💩☢️☠️

...and don't get me wrong...loved Tom Crean as a man and didn't hate him as a coach, just agreed it was time for a change when it happened.  I'm really glad to see him recruiting well at Georgia.  It would make my day to see him making Calipari's life miserable again.

The story is that Crean excused himself to go to the restroom, clogged the toilet and made a huge mess. The soiled water caused hundreds of dollars in damage.

He and the University were not able to pay for the repairs because it would have been a recruiting violation.

Archived