Jalen Windham Commits to Creighton

Coach Robby

11 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Location, location, location is the primary reason Crean landed Anthony Edwards. He didn’t want to go far from home and Crean closed the door with the old, “Dwayne Wade and Victor Oladipo weren’t top recruits coming out of high school and look what I did for them. Imagine what I could do with you?!” 

Sigh..... 

Plus we’re gonna play fast, jack a lot of 3s and always be ready to grab the ball out of the net

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

The story is that Crean excused himself to go to the restroom, clogged the toilet and made a huge mess. The soiled water caused hundreds of dollars in damage.

He and the University were not able to pay for the repairs because it would have been a recruiting violation.

That and the the other gospel is that the assistant coach who played for Duke connected Irving with Coach K.  Help lead to his firing.

50 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

If we struggle with recruiting AND on the court that’s when a coach can lose cred quickly...

The results on the court are WAAAAAAAAAAAY more important than the recruiting.  As Rick Barnes and Matt Painter walk by.

11 minutes ago, rico said:

The results on the court are WAAAAAAAAAAAY more important than the recruiting.  As Rick Barnes and Matt Painter walk by.

Oh ABSOLUTELY. However, early on (as was with Crean also) if the results are slow but the recruiting is looking good you can gain a little more “wait and see” with many fans. If you suck on the court AND don’t have exciting recruits coming you’re DOOMED IMO.

😳😬

3 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Oh ABSOLUTELY. However, early on (as was with Crean also) if the results are slow but the recruiting is looking good you can gain a little more “wait and see” with many fans. If you suck on the court AND don’t have exciting recruits coming you’re DOOMED IMO.

😳😬

Fair enough.

On 4/12/2019 at 7:33 PM, Danomatic said:

Location, location, location is the primary reason Crean landed Anthony Edwards. He didn’t want to go far from home and Crean closed the door with the old, “Dwayne Wade and Victor Oladipo weren’t top recruits coming out of high school and look what I did for them. Imagine what I could do with you?!” 

Sigh..... 

Not to derail this, but it wasn't just location. I've had 1 AAU coach and 1 high school coach from the area openly talk about the shady dealings for Edwards. Could be sour grapes, but I'm a believer of where there's smoke, there's fire. 

16 minutes ago, Snozzwangers_und_covfefe said:

Not to derail this, but it wasn't just location. I've had 1 AAU coach and 1 high school coach from the area openly talk about the shady dealings for Edwards. Could be sour grapes, but I'm a believer of where there's smoke, there's fire. 

Very possible. Doubt Crean is involved. Wouldn’t put it past their AD to be involved though 

On 4/12/2019 at 1:46 PM, Long Duk Dong said:

The story is that Crean excused himself to go to the restroom, clogged the toilet and made a huge mess. The soiled water caused hundreds of dollars in damage.

He and the University were not able to pay for the repairs because it would have been a recruiting violation.

Man, that is crappy!

3 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Why not Crean?  Isnt he on a few text messages with Addidas?  And, didn't he hire some assistants with a past and a present in this scandal?  

While it wouldn't surprise me that Crean texted someone from Adidas (since they supply equipment for the team), it would surprise me if there was a text asking if Adidas could buy him some players.  I'd assume at least most coaches with an Adidas contract would have some sort of communication with employees of the company.

...and the only Crean assistant I recall getting into trouble was Kenny Johnson and those activities appear to have happened at Louisville.  There may be others, but that's all I can recall. 

You can dislike Crean's faults & quirks, but I don't recall him being associated with dirty recruiting at all.  In fact there's plenty of anecdotal evidence that he refused to play that game (the Lyles kid comes to mind).

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

While it wouldn't surprise me that Crean texted someone from Adidas (since they supply equipment for the team), it would surprise me if there was a text asking if Adidas could buy him some players.  I'd assume at least most coaches with an Adidas contract would have some sort of communication with employees of the company.

...and the only Crean assistant I recall getting into trouble was Kenny Johnson and those activities appear to have happened at Louisville.  There may be others, but that's all I can recall. 

You can dislike Crean's faults & quirks, but I don't recall him being associated with dirty recruiting at all.  In fact there's plenty of anecdotal evidence that he refused to play that game (the Lyles kid comes to mind).

First, no school is clear.  Second you have Johnson, Martin, etc.

Third you had Buckley being used as the scapegoat for when Crean was caught recruiting the kid that went to MSU.

And, you have this

Another time, Gassnola and Gatto visited Indiana and according to a memo detailing the trip, Gassnola wrote “Jim assured [then]-Coach [Tom Crean] we are here to help. … We received huggs (sic).”

What “help” means is open to debate. Crean eventually lost his job at Indiana in part for not recruiting well enough, so whatever “help” Gatto and Gassnola were talking about didn’t, well, help. But did just the hope Gassnola might be of any use for the Hoosiers really warrant a hug?

“Tom hugged me,” Gassnola testified.

Just now, Fiveoutofsix said:

Third you had Buckley being used as the scapegoat for when Crean was caught recruiting the kid that went to MSU.

And, you have this

Another time, Gassnola and Gatto visited Indiana and according to a memo detailing the trip, Gassnola wrote “Jim assured [then]-Coach [Tom Crean] we are here to help. … We received huggs (sic).”

What “help” means is open to debate. Crean eventually lost his job at Indiana in part for not recruiting well enough, so whatever “help” Gatto and Gassnola were talking about didn’t, well, help. But did just the hope Gassnola might be of any use for the Hoosiers really warrant a hug?

Forgot to mention, I am not one that was calling for Crean to go.  I was one defending him.  There is no dislike on my part, I'm just saying he is not NOT part of the problem.

7 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

And, you have this

Seriously?  If this is evidence that Crean is dirty, then so is Mother Theresa.

Archived