Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Coach Robby

Jalen Windham Commits to Creighton

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Don't get upset, but yeah...I laughed when I saw this.  Reminded me of an overflowing toilet at a recruit's house...💩☢️☠️

...and don't get me wrong...loved Tom Crean as a man and didn't hate him as a coach, just agreed it was time for a change when it happened.  I'm really glad to see him recruiting well at Georgia.  It would make my day to see him making Calipari's life miserable again.

The story is that Crean excused himself to go to the restroom, clogged the toilet and made a huge mess. The soiled water caused hundreds of dollars in damage.

He and the University were not able to pay for the repairs because it would have been a recruiting violation.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Location, location, location is the primary reason Crean landed Anthony Edwards. He didn’t want to go far from home and Crean closed the door with the old, “Dwayne Wade and Victor Oladipo weren’t top recruits coming out of high school and look what I did for them. Imagine what I could do with you?!” 

Sigh..... 

Plus we’re gonna play fast, jack a lot of 3s and always be ready to grab the ball out of the net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CC_Hoosier said:

Georgia also has picked up a couple crystal balls picks for Beverly, a target of IU's as well.  

That would be a pretty stacked back-court in Year 2 for Crean. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

The story is that Crean excused himself to go to the restroom, clogged the toilet and made a huge mess. The soiled water caused hundreds of dollars in damage.

He and the University were not able to pay for the repairs because it would have been a recruiting violation.

That and the the other gospel is that the assistant coach who played for Duke connected Irving with Coach K.  Help lead to his firing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

That would be a pretty stacked back-court in Year 2 for Crean. 

With how Kentucky recruits and Maxey coming in I could even see Hagans transferring back to Georgia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian Snow logged a crystal ball pick for Creighton yesterday.

Jalen also jumped 55 spots up the national rankings yesterday on 247.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, KDB said:

Brian Snow logged a crystal ball pick for Creighton yesterday.

Jalen also jumped 55 spots up the national rankings yesterday on 247.

It’ll suck if he commits to Creighton and all of Watford, Quinones, and Harris go elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like it’s very possible IU doesn’t get any of the three they are after.   Still a chance they get two however.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

If we struggle with recruiting AND on the court that’s when a coach can lose cred quickly...

The results on the court are WAAAAAAAAAAAY more important than the recruiting.  As Rick Barnes and Matt Painter walk by.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rico said:

The results on the court are WAAAAAAAAAAAY more important than the recruiting.  As Rick Barnes and Matt Painter walk by.

Oh ABSOLUTELY. However, early on (as was with Crean also) if the results are slow but the recruiting is looking good you can gain a little more “wait and see” with many fans. If you suck on the court AND don’t have exciting recruits coming you’re DOOMED IMO.

😳😬

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Oh ABSOLUTELY. However, early on (as was with Crean also) if the results are slow but the recruiting is looking good you can gain a little more “wait and see” with many fans. If you suck on the court AND don’t have exciting recruits coming you’re DOOMED IMO.

😳😬

Fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 7:33 PM, Danomatic said:

Location, location, location is the primary reason Crean landed Anthony Edwards. He didn’t want to go far from home and Crean closed the door with the old, “Dwayne Wade and Victor Oladipo weren’t top recruits coming out of high school and look what I did for them. Imagine what I could do with you?!” 

Sigh..... 

Not to derail this, but it wasn't just location. I've had 1 AAU coach and 1 high school coach from the area openly talk about the shady dealings for Edwards. Could be sour grapes, but I'm a believer of where there's smoke, there's fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Snozzwangers_und_covfefe said:

Not to derail this, but it wasn't just location. I've had 1 AAU coach and 1 high school coach from the area openly talk about the shady dealings for Edwards. Could be sour grapes, but I'm a believer of where there's smoke, there's fire. 

Very possible. Doubt Crean is involved. Wouldn’t put it past their AD to be involved though 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 1:46 PM, Long Duk Dong said:

The story is that Crean excused himself to go to the restroom, clogged the toilet and made a huge mess. The soiled water caused hundreds of dollars in damage.

He and the University were not able to pay for the repairs because it would have been a recruiting violation.

Man, that is crappy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Snozzwangers_und_covfefe said:

Yea, don't really think it's Crean... agreed it's more the university/AD. 

Why not Crean?  Isnt he on a few text messages with Addidas?  And, didn't he hire some assistants with a past and a present in this scandal?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Why not Crean?  Isnt he on a few text messages with Addidas?  And, didn't he hire some assistants with a past and a present in this scandal?  

:panic: (eye rolling emoji)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Why not Crean?  Isnt he on a few text messages with Addidas?  And, didn't he hire some assistants with a past and a present in this scandal?  

While it wouldn't surprise me that Crean texted someone from Adidas (since they supply equipment for the team), it would surprise me if there was a text asking if Adidas could buy him some players.  I'd assume at least most coaches with an Adidas contract would have some sort of communication with employees of the company.

...and the only Crean assistant I recall getting into trouble was Kenny Johnson and those activities appear to have happened at Louisville.  There may be others, but that's all I can recall. 

You can dislike Crean's faults & quirks, but I don't recall him being associated with dirty recruiting at all.  In fact there's plenty of anecdotal evidence that he refused to play that game (the Lyles kid comes to mind).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

While it wouldn't surprise me that Crean texted someone from Adidas (since they supply equipment for the team), it would surprise me if there was a text asking if Adidas could buy him some players.  I'd assume at least most coaches with an Adidas contract would have some sort of communication with employees of the company.

...and the only Crean assistant I recall getting into trouble was Kenny Johnson and those activities appear to have happened at Louisville.  There may be others, but that's all I can recall. 

You can dislike Crean's faults & quirks, but I don't recall him being associated with dirty recruiting at all.  In fact there's plenty of anecdotal evidence that he refused to play that game (the Lyles kid comes to mind).

First, no school is clear.  Second you have Johnson, Martin, etc.

Third you had Buckley being used as the scapegoat for when Crean was caught recruiting the kid that went to MSU.

And, you have this

Another time, Gassnola and Gatto visited Indiana and according to a memo detailing the trip, Gassnola wrote “Jim assured [then]-Coach [Tom Crean] we are here to help. … We received huggs (sic).”

What “help” means is open to debate. Crean eventually lost his job at Indiana in part for not recruiting well enough, so whatever “help” Gatto and Gassnola were talking about didn’t, well, help. But did just the hope Gassnola might be of any use for the Hoosiers really warrant a hug?

“Tom hugged me,” Gassnola testified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fiveoutofsix said:

First, no school is clear.  Second you have Johnson, Martin, etc.

Third you had Buckley being used as the scapegoat for when Crean was caught recruiting the kid that went to MSU.

And, you have this

Another time, Gassnola and Gatto visited Indiana and according to a memo detailing the trip, Gassnola wrote “Jim assured [then]-Coach [Tom Crean] we are here to help. … We received huggs (sic).”

What “help” means is open to debate. Crean eventually lost his job at Indiana in part for not recruiting well enough, so whatever “help” Gatto and Gassnola were talking about didn’t, well, help. But did just the hope Gassnola might be of any use for the Hoosiers really warrant a hug?

“Tom hugged me,” Gassnola testified.

Forgot to mention, I am not one that was calling for Crean to go.  I was one defending him.  There is no dislike on my part, I'm just saying he is not NOT part of the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

First, no school is clear.  Second you have Johnson, Martin, etc.

Third you had Buckley being used as the scapegoat for when Crean was caught recruiting the kid that went to MSU.

And, you have this

Another time, Gassnola and Gatto visited Indiana and according to a memo detailing the trip, Gassnola wrote “Jim assured [then]-Coach [Tom Crean] we are here to help. … We received huggs (sic).”

What “help” means is open to debate. Crean eventually lost his job at Indiana in part for not recruiting well enough, so whatever “help” Gatto and Gassnola were talking about didn’t, well, help. But did just the hope Gassnola might be of any use for the Hoosiers really warrant a hug?

“Tom hugged me,” Gassnola testified.

Seriously?  If this is evidence that Crean is dirty, then so is Mother Theresa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may have been discussed above the Crean talk...but can this kid shoot the rock?  Thinking I would like to see him in the candy stripes over the long haul.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...