Jalen Windham Commits to Creighton

Coach Robby

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Anyone interested here's the whole Been Davis vs Center Grove Semi-State game

Looking at highlights can be deceiving, so here is Windham in game action. Get a good look at TJD too...

He looked good. Nice court vision, found open players, nice shot from the line and 3, good drive, good hustle. 

I would be fine having him suit up in the candy stripes. 

1 hour ago, ephul said:

I've never seen the kid play, but if he can hold his own defensively, he'd see playing time very quickly. And I agree, no need to throw a lot on him.

I think the question mark would be whether he is quick enough to play D. 

Hulls, Zeisloft and Roth weren’t great defenders, but we could have sure used them this year. Always spots for shooters, even as situational players 

4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Hulls, Zeisloft and Roth weren’t great defenders, but we could have sure used them this year. Always spots for shooters, even as situational players 

Man Zeisloft ended up not a bad player at all. Such a solid role player. Btw he was rated on 247 and Max B was the 321st rated player in his class. We dont won a BTT without them. 

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Agreed, but you sure as hell better be a good shooter. 40+%. See Damezi. When you are a 3 point shooter that cant/doesnt play much defense, and the shooting goes awry, good bye floortime. 

No idea if this kid is or not. If he is, bring him on.

9 hours ago, ArchieBall13 said:

You all may be convincing me I want Windham even over Quinones. Hmmm...I’d definitely take one of the two + Brunk and call it a day.

Honestly I'm simply trying to show people that these rankings outside of the top 125 are bogus. These "writers" do not know. Windham is a proven commodity. 

9 hours ago, ArchieBall13 said:

You all may be convincing me I want Windham even over Quinones. Hmmm...I’d definitely take one of the two + Brunk and call it a day.

Not thinking Quinones will be at IU after the IU fan popped offabout him cancelling his visit. Made our fanbase look bad. When will people learn??

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Check out his thread...it’s a non-issue. Supposed sports writer that looked like an idiot and the kid called him out on it and even hashtagged how great our fans are.

Believe Lester was being sarcastic with the hashtag

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Believe Lester was being sarcastic with the hashtag

What...this guy was representing himself as a media person and commenting to Indiana fans he wasn’t coming. Lester said your an idiot...this wasn’t an IU fan posting it. I’m pretty sure he was being sincere with his praise for IU fans. Now he may still end up somewhere else but I didn’t read it that way.

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

What...this guy was representing himself as a media person and commenting to Indiana fans he wasn’t coming. Lester said your an idiot...this wasn’t an IU fan posting it. I’m pretty sure he was being sincere with his praise for IU fans. Now he may still end up somewhere else but I didn’t read it that way.

#greatfanbase .... that was the sarcastic comment 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

#greatfanbase .... that was the sarcastic comment 

I read it as the media head was an idiot...and he is saying to our great fan base don’t believe him. But that is just me and that is why I don’t twit or whatever...obviously too much room for miss understanding.

When I saw his response my first reaction was that he was being sarcastic. Like oh I’ve heard about how great the fan base is at IU and how much I’ll enjoy it there and then he sees someone say that and probably takes one tweet out of the 100s if not 1000s I saw of fans excited for him to visit and paints IU fans in a bad light without taking into consideration it wasn’t an IU fan. Definitely think he thought the tweet was from an IU fan. 

What is Jalen's weakness(es)? We keep taking about his strengths (shooting, size), but there has to be a reason he is rated so low with such few big time offers right?

Found the following tidbits below when trying to find his 2017 AAU stats. Easy to talk yourself into liking the kid. 

---

Windham led Ben Davis High School to the Indiana State Championship last year while averaging 14 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 2.3 assists as a junior, shooting 46 percent from beyond the arc and 86 percent from the free throw line. His head coach Don Carlisle played for Hunter while he was the head coach at IUPUI.

As a sophomore, Windham led all scorers with 15 points in the 2016-17 Indiana 4A State title game.

As a member of the AAU Indy Heat 17U EYBL, he shot 46 percent from 3-point range and averaged 9.0 points per game. He is currently ranked No. 12 all around for the class of 2019 in Indiana and has been named to the Indiana Class of 2019 SuperTeam.

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=211780970

----

Found a prepstarballs.com article from 2017 that had him listed as 9th best in the state - and it had Armaan Franklin, Brandon Newman listed behind him....

---

Windham’s range? When he has it going, he is known to stretch it out to well beyond the 3-point line. There may not be another player in the state who can heat up like Windham.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/03/15/all-marion-county-basketball-snub-fuels-ben-davis-guard-jalen-windham/3173486002/

7 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

What is Jalen's weakness(es)? We keep taking about his strengths (shooting, size), but there has to be a reason he is rated to low with such few big time offers right?

Found the following tidbits below when trying to find his 2017 AAU stats. Easy to talk yourself into liking the kid. 

---

Windham led Ben Davis High School to the Indiana State Championship last year while averaging 14 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 2.3 assists as a junior, shooting 46 percent from beyond the arc and 86 percent from the free throw line. His head coach Don Carlisle played for Hunter while he was the head coach at IUPUI.

As a sophomore, Windham led all scorers with 15 points in the 2016-17 Indiana 4A State title game.

As a member of the AAU Indy Heat 17U EYBL, he shot 46 percent from 3-point range and averaged 9.0 points per game. He is currently ranked No. 12 all around for the class of 2019 in Indiana and has been named to the Indiana Class of 2019 SuperTeam.

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=12700&ATCLID=211780970

----

Found a prepstarballs.com article from 2017 that had him listed as 9th best in the state - and it had Armaan Franklin, Brandon Newman listed behind him....

---

Windham’s range? When he has it going, he is known to stretch it out to well beyond the 3-point line. There may not be another player in the state who can heat up like Windham.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/03/15/all-marion-county-basketball-snub-fuels-ben-davis-guard-jalen-windham/3173486002/

Literally 247 is just a couple peoples opinions. If Jalen had an off game or two whenever those guys saw him... 🤷‍♂️...

One of my concerns is his high school three point shooting.  I’m pretty sure I saw somewhere that he only shot 36% from behind the arc this year.  His AAU stats that were just posted tell me something else.  For a team that lacks shooters, 36% doesn’t get me very excited.  Over 40% sure does though.  And I do love the free throw shooting.  I wonder why the difference in the three point shooting? 46-36 is a big difference, no?

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Literally 247 is just a couple peoples opinions. If Jalen had an off game or two whenever those guys saw him... 🤷‍♂️...

I thought the composite was made up of many different sites/scouts opinions?

I'm on your side with rankings in general. How is it possible to rank someone as 149 vs. 150 vs. 300? Not enough time to see them all yourself and rank them. Also, not really fair to rank them without seeing them enough to compare them to others. 

13 minutes ago, cybergates said:

I thought the composite was made up of many different sites/scouts opinions?

I'm on your side with rankings in general. How is it possible to rank someone as 149 vs. 150 vs. 300? Not enough time to see them all yourself and rank them. Also, not really fair to rank them without seeing them enough to compare them to others. 

You're right. I don't ever look at the composite though. 

Archived