Jalen Windham Commits to Creighton

Coach Robby

Tulane board says "

Looks like Indianapolis G Jalen Windham may visit Tulane, Creighton, Illinois State -- all officially -- and Indiana (unofficially). Probably makes a decision in May.

------------------------------------------

Posted On: 06/26/17 2:44 PM

Jalen Windham – 6’4” | SG | Ben Davis High School

Coming off the Class 4A State Championship with Ben Davis, Jalen Windham has been playing at a high level since. Jalen is a long, lanky, and athletic two guard who has been known for his catch and shoot ability. Windham plays his AAU ball with Team Teague. The team has been drawing college interest throughout the spring session.

“The spring went well. My shooting off the dribble was good for me. Especially when my shot was falling, the pull up helped a lot.” Windham has been expanding his offensive package. It has looked good throughout the spring session.

Not only has he been focusing on his skills on offense, he’s also focused on becoming a better defender. “I also took pride on the defensive side. That’s what my coaches let me know about the most.”

Jalen is learning how to use his length and positioning to become a better on and off ball defender.

When it comes to gearing up for July, Jalen is focused on his strength training. “Strength, strength, strength. I know my shot will fall so that’s the least I’m worried about for now. We shoot every day for two hours, so the little time I have to work on the other things, I take pride in it.”

Windham has seen his recruiting start since the recent contact period open date for the Class of 2019 on June 15th. Jalen has mentioned being contacted by Ohio State University, Western Illinois University, Tulane University, Iowa University, IUPUI, and a few more. He currently holds an offer from IUPU.

“I’m looking to break out this July since Trayce Jackson has brought some major attention to the Team Teague Program.” Team Teague will be on many coaches recruiting lists this upcoming July.

Jalen is a team player. He is more focused on competing for his teammates than he individual stats. “I’m very humble and count my blessings. To know the player I was, to the player that I am now.”

He’s looking for a program that fits his personality and has a coaching staff that has good relationships with their players.

Jalen Windham is looking to hit the scene hard in the coming months in preparation for his junior season. Look for he and Ben Davis to have a strong year for the 2017-2018 season.

Prep Hoops Profile: https://www.prephoops.com/player-profile/jalen-windham/

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

One of my concerns is his high school three point shooting.  I’m pretty sure I saw somewhere that he only shot 36% from behind the arc this year.  His AAU stats that were just posted tell me something else.  For a team that lacks shooters, 36% doesn’t get me very excited.  Over 40% sure does though.  And I do love the free throw shooting.  I wonder why the difference in the three point shooting? 46-36 is a big difference, no?

I think Btownqb aluded to the fact in HS teams are focused on taking him away. In AAU he is option 3 or 4 which creates better looks.

The more I hear about him, the more I think he would be a perfect fit as a 4 year player. 

If he wants a lot of minutes early, maybe he Tulane or Creighton or Illinois St. would be more attractive to him. But, I would think it would be hard for him to turn down an offer to IU if one were to come. 

7 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

The more I hear about him, the more I think he would be a perfect fit as a 4 year player. 

If he wants a lot of minutes early, maybe he Tulane or Creighton or Illinois St. would be more attractive to him. But, I would think it would be hard for him to turn down an offer to IU if one were to come. 

He ain't getting minutes early on at Creighton......but yeah, I like the kid as well.  

24 minutes ago, IUskim said:

anybody know the level of interest we have in him?

Hard to think with two of his friends coming here.. that if we like what we see film wise, like what we've seen in person that he isn't  "ours". I understand there are a lot of factors at play in recruiting though. Again.. I'm not trying to overly advocate that he automatically deserves a scholarship offer, but his ranking shouldn't play a part in the decision... and I don't believe Archie will allow that to happen. He had an awful lot of success with some lower ranked kids at Dayton. 

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hard to think with two of his friends coming here.. that if we like what we see film wise, like what we've seen in person that he isn't  "ours". I understand there are a lot of factors at play in recruiting though. Again.. I'm not trying to overly advocate that he automatically deserves a scholarship offer, but his ranking shouldn't play a part in the decision... and I don't believe Archie will allow that to happen. He had an awful lot of success with some lower ranked kids at Dayton. 

He does remind me of the kind of players CAM recruited and had success with while at Dayton. 

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I want this kid in Candy Stripes. Have a gut feeling he’s going to be more than a role player eventually.

That’s kinda why I started this thread...as a coach at the high school level I think he’s a gamer and will be an impact. Maybe not immediately but down the road. Has dog in him...

15 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

1. Quinones --> I'll scream with happiness

2. Beverly ---> I'll clap with happiness

3. Windham --->I'll smile, somewhat

The funny thing is that Windham is actually probably the better shooter of the 3. The other 2 are just so much more explosive. 

Yeah, maybe we could get more deflections if we were more explosive.... 

22 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

The funny thing is that Windham is actually probably the better shooter of the 3. The other 2 are just so much more explosive. 

I am all for taking the better shooters. 

13 hours ago, IUskim said:

anybody know the level of interest we have in him?

I’d be curious in regards to the interest level in both directions.  

Have not heard/read  anything  about how his big Kent State home visit went but would not be suprised if Tulane has a good shot since he already committed to to their coach, Hunter, when he was at Georgia State. 

2 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Now put them in order of likelihood they  become a Hoosier

4 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

How do you know this? Why would those be your reactions? Because of a ranking or highlight films or?

Archived