2019 coaching changes

rico

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Unbelievable how inept their athletic department is and they are rightfully getting pounded for it. They entered into detailed talks with Dixon, knowing that he had an $8M buyout. They assumed TCU would take less. When TCU said no, the number is $8M, they apparently broke off talks with Dixon.

That damaged Dixon and UCLA looks like idiots.

14 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

When Shaka Smart is under consideration, you know things are starting to get desperate. 

I wonder how many people are still living the dream that just because programs like UCLA and IU used to be Blueblood, high level coaches should be begging for the job?

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Arkansas hires Eric Musselman

Gophers give Pitino a 2 year extension 

I think Musselman underachieved at Nevada this year...he had a great roster and I think could have achieved more. Still wonder where UCLA goes now? Reggie Miller?? I’d say Luke Walton after the Lakers fire him.

25 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I wonder if they ever went after Painter?  He'd seem like a grand slam at this point.

Honestly, that would be a great hire for the Bruins.  But I doubt Matt would want anything to do with Westwood.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Honestly, that would be a great hire for the Bruins.  But I doubt Matt would want anything to do with Westwood.

I can't see it either...not one good reason I can think of for Porkchop to leave West Lafayette

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I know loyalty is a two way street but I'd like to see Barnes show some and stay at UT. Nice rivalry with UK another one with Memphis building and he wants to hit the road? Maybe he's just looking at it where his competition at UCLA will be next to none. SEC and Memphis/Vandy with bright new hires maybe he doesn't want to compete on the recruiting trail?? 

UCLA is a blue blood. The campus is beautiful. I get it....but being in an actual college town is awesome. Would hate to see him leave Rocky Top. Of course if he does watch UT go after Mike Miller from Memphis since he's the one who has been helping Penny recruit like he's actually won a few titles.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know loyalty is a two way street but I'd like to see Barnes show some and stay at UT. Nice rivalry with UK another one with Memphis building and he wants to hit the road? Maybe he's just looking at it where his competition at UCLA will be next to none. SEC and Memphis/Vandy with bright new hires maybe he doesn't want to compete on the recruiting trail?? 

UCLA is a blue blood. The campus is beautiful. I get it....but being in an actual college town is awesome. Would hate to see him leave Rocky Top. Of course if he does watch UT go after Mike Miller from Memphis since he's the one who has been helping Penny recruit like he's actually won a few titles.

I want Barnes and Pearl to both stay and I hope CTC gets in going in Georgia. Any team that beats UK in alright in my book. Even if they cheat to do it as long as the cheating school is not IU go right ahead. Lets see how long the lifetime contract is when you don't win SEC titles every year. 

I believe Cal's contract was to try and quiet a large group that is not happy in Hillbilly land

Archived