2019 coaching changes

rico

1 minute ago, HoagieRoll said:

My goodness, this reads like it was written by a child.

Didn't see any indication that the "thugs" comment was a joke, and thus it warranted being called a stupid comment. Cronin and UC have a reputation, mostly unfounded, for recruiting "thug" players and so I thought you going after that with your [stupid] comment. Chill out my friend, you're waaaayyy too worked up. 😌

Gosh, you're acting so cool and said my post seemed to be written by a child? And you want me to chill out huh? 

I'm done.This is waste of my time. 

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HoagieRoll said:

Cronin and UC have a reputation, mostly unfounded, for recruiting "thug" players...

Probably does back to that really ugly brawl between UC and Xavier a few years back.  My memory has lost the details, but I remember both teams just looking terrible on a national broadcast.  I personally remember thinking "thugs" watching that but in fairness, that's the only really ugly incident I recall involving UC.

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Probably does back to that really ugly brawl between UC and Xavier a few years back.  My memory has lost the details, but I remember both teams just looking terrible on a national broadcast.  I personally remember thinking "thugs" watching that but in fairness, that's the only really ugly incident I recall involving UC.

Speaking of UC 'thugs" I see Nick Van Exel is interested in the Bearcat job.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Rico had mentioned the coach at Northern Kentucky 

Yes, most UC fans are clamoring for Brannen.  However the Bearcats have Darren Savino already on staff as the Associate HC.  I wouldn't be surprised if he got elevated.

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If I remember right, Cronin actually said and did the right things after the UC/Xavier brawl. It was the Xavier kids that acted like "thugs" and Chris Mack didn't do much apologizing post game. 

That is pretty much how I remember it as well.....but there were incidents in the games the previous 2-3 years as well.  

9 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

It predates that.  I can remember the term "Thuggins" being tossed around. 

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Has to be. I work with a guy who graduated from BYU. He told me they require the head coaches to be active members of the church. Not assistants, but head coaches, yes.

Thank you, I was wondering about their policies.

Archived