2019 coaching changes

rico

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I know Alford is far from perfect, but he was my childhood hero. I’m pulling for him. 

I have had lots of positive interactions with Steve so you wont find me criticizing him for the person. I know others have their reason to do so I completely understand that. Wish him well.

18 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Agreed with the above.  Much better fit for Steve.  Already a pretty decent program, he should be able to keep it rolling. 

Only caveat there is this. Musselman and Alford are pretty much polar opposites. Wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few transfers from Nevada. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Only caveat there is this. Musselman and Alford are pretty much polar opposites. Wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few transfers from Nevada. 

Nevada loses 8 to graduation.  I think only one player with significant minutes is back.  So Steve will be looking at a rebuild(as would Mussleman if he'd stayed).   He picked a good time to leave.

Go Hoosiers!!!

3 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Nevada loses 8 to graduation.  I think only one player with significant minutes is back.  So Steve will be looking at a rebuild(as would Mussleman if he'd stayed).   He picked a good time to leave.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Nevada has lost 5 players today to transfer  and their lone 2019 recruit has asked out. Plenty of starters and former McDonald's All American. As mentioned earlier....polar opposites in coaches. Massive rebuild. 

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Per ESPN, Alford gets a 10 year contract. The Nevada A.D. must realize that it’s going to be a long rebuild

Wow...wish him well. Not at all convinced he's anything more than a mediocre coach  but maybe he just needs a change of scenery to find his mojo.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Nevada has lost 5 players today to transfer  and their lone 2019 recruit has asked out. Plenty of starters and former McDonald's All American. As mentioned earlier....polar opposites in coaches. Massive rebuild. 

Only one of those transfering saw significant minutes.  The Mickey D kid averaged 3pts this year.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019/apr/11/2-former-nevada-players-enter-transfer-portal/

Next year was gonna be a down year with or without Mussleman.  Steve will have his work cut out next year but I'd be suprised if he doesn't have them in the dance in his 2nd year. 

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived