2019 coaching changes

rico

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

The rumor is that UCLA is willing to pay Cal upwards of $10m per year to bring his cheating ways to Westwood

I've said before he's the first guy I'd contact.  10 years at 9 figures even should get it done.  But he will take not a dollar less.  He wants a Jon Gruden contract.

I’ll be really surprised if he goes to UCLA. UCLA would have to make a huge leap in what the invest in basketball. Not only would paying Cal be a huge leap in what they’ve paid head coaches, but at UK Cal’s lead assistant makes more than UCLA’s entire assistant staff combined. 

44 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

The rumor is that UCLA is willing to pay Cal upwards of $10m per year to bring his cheating ways to Westwood

Cal's getting 8 million at UK plus bonuses.  Coach K is at 9.8.   Being the highest paid coach would have to tempt Cal.  Although I'm guessing UK could match that. 

Go Hoosiers!!!

Cal is the perfect example of winning is all that matters. I hate to admit it but I have plenty of friends and family that live and breath the Evil Empire.  Most love the success and popularity but have zero emotional attachment to the team or players. I feel a lot of Big blue nation feels the same way.  It's hard to believe but there is a large contention of fans that would welcome a change in recruiting tactics. I dont see Cal leaving for UCLA but would not be shocked if he did

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Most love the success and popularity but have zero emotional attachment to the team or players. I feel a lot of Big blue nation feels the same way.  It's hard to believe but there is a large contention of fans that would welcome a change in recruiting tactics.

There's a lot of eweK fans that can't name more than 3 players from this year's team, and no more than 2 from last year's team. 

4 minutes ago, Feathery said:

To be fair, I can’t name entire rosters of IU teams from years past. 

Entire vs a few is a big difference. they know they are just renting and many don't like it. My grandfather before he passed absolutely hated the 1 and done model and was the biggest UK person I ever met. That is a scary thing. 

I have lived in Kentucky for past 15 years....there are some old school fans upset at the current model of play (however that's only after the year is over and they don't win a championship and half the team leaves)....during the season they are perfectly happy watching them win and traveling to Nashville, Atlanta, etc to follow the team. Trust me...the casual UK fan that makes up the majority of the fans don't care about 1 and done...don't remember most of the players on the team after the season finishes but all they care about is bragging about how good they were. They love Cal and they love being ranked #1  or having the best recruiting class. Don't let the other fans trick you...they may act all idealistic but they were the ones that ran Tubby out of town for not winning enough and that threw a fit with Billie Gillespie. Winning trumps everything...rules, academics, money, players that stay around...nothing matters but wearing their crappy UK gear around town and bragging about beating South Carolina or some other terrible SEC school at church. Did you see us win yesterday?? That one kid...the big kid...he's good!!! It's all I hear at church....trust me...winning trumps everything...and the big money donors that buy those season tickets down low....they pay to win...not to recognize a kid for 3-4 years.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Forgot this regarding Sampson and Arkansas......reminder that IU hosts Arkansas next year in preseason. 

He'd get booed out of the building.  Not figuratively.  The full force of the collective booing would physically push him off the court and back down the hall. 

Archived