Jay Maclin - WR Commits to Missouri

Leathernecks

24 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good find.  Jeremy’s cousin.  I wonder how open he really is to get out of Missouri. 

From what I've read, the talk last summer and fall was Missouri, but it doesn't seem nearly as prominent lately.  The "recruitment still open" part of the tweet makes me think he's waiting for better offers, but would pick from these 4 if necessary.

5 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

From what I've read, the talk last summer and fall was Missouri, but it doesn't seem nearly as prominent lately.  The "recruitment still open" part of the tweet makes me think he's waiting for better offers, but would pick from these 4 if necessary.

Kids not done....looking for more to get involved. I wouldnt waste another dime on this kid of i were IU. I hate football recruiting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 9:18 PM, Indykev said:

Kids not done....looking for more to get involved. I wouldnt waste another dime on this kid of i were IU. I hate football recruiting.

I was thinking the same thing too.  He put out today that he's making a decision July 16.  Still wouldn't be surprised to see things change between now and then.  Or if he commits to one of these 4 and decommits before signing day.

We have top flight young qb’s he can grow with.  Maybe we can convince him to do his own thing at Indiana instead of following his cousin around.  

Plus, Grant Heard, our receivers coach has a good track record of teaching and development.  Look at first round pick Laquon Treadwell or Donte Moncrief and others.  

I don’t know if you guys follow the NFL draft process, but there is a receiver named DK Metcalf from Ole Miss who is slated to go in the first round.  I thought he may have been recruited by Grant Heard.  Nailed it.  Here’s a really nice article.  Heard is legit and hopefully that’s a draw for Maclin.  

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2016/02/04/ole-miss-signee-metcalf-ready-fully-join-rebels/79820270/

There’s a lot of upside for him at IU when you combine young qb’s, coaching him in terms of development, opportunity to play and make an impact, escaping the shadow of his cousin, etc  

• 2 weeks later...
  • KDB changed the title to Jay Maclin - WR Commits to Missouri

Archived