Wichita State Pregame Thread

30 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

Made the trip again with the whole fam.  Lines definitely longer than they were Saturday before the game.   Luckily we got here earlier.  

Best thing I’ve seen so far is a guy in a red shirt with white letters that say “I hate Kentucky”. 

Moma....thanks for the report. Lines longer than on Saturday ?  That's simply amazing.  ESPN going to one of the first breaks showed the lines on Saturday... and I could not believe how long they were.  And I attributed part of that to the fact that the game was on a Saturday, when folks like you could make it as a family.

But to have longer lines on a weeknight evening game , is perhaps even more impressive.  Goes to show, the support for IU is still there.  All it takes is for IU to..... WIN !

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Moma....thanks for the report. Lines longer than on Saturday ?  That's simply amazing.  ESPN going to one of the first breaks showed the lines on Saturday... and I could not believe how long they were.  And I attributed part of that to the fact that the game was on a Saturday, when folks like you could make it as a family.

But to have longer lines on a weeknight evening game , is perhaps even more impressive.  Goes to show, the support for IU is still there.  All it takes is for IU to..... WIN !

I wasn’t sure quite what to expect... if the crowd would be smaller because it was a weeknight, or if the crowd would be larger because it’s the final game at Assembly Hall.  Glad to see it looks like the latter.  Lots of kids and families here today too so it should be consistent with the atmosphere for the last 2 games. 

3 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

True. We had so many 'good' kids who trained hard day in and day out but only to give in when facing tough, physical, and disciplined opponents. Very frustrating to see when good kids lacked character and didn't show fighting spirits when the stake was high. I've always hoped Archie could change this, so we win or lose with efforts and sense of pride. I think we're still in transition, and I feel we may have one more mediocre year next season. I'm also mildly worried about on-court leadership next season with Green and Davis as seniors. Davis can be a good leader (also can be emotional, which is good and bad), but he needs to be injury free and to have conditioning level to stay on the court 25+ min/game. Green is the one who's hard to figure out. Durham can be a glue guy who can be also vocal, but we haven't seen that yet. Smith is introverted and won't express himself much. Moore hardly plays. Leadership development would be a must in the upcoming off season. 

I just have doubts about Davis' physical capabilities post Achilles injury.  I wonder if we've seen the best that he can give both in minutes and mobility.  I think those also play into his foul problems.  Just one man's opinion.

6 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Keet, Little Keet, and Big Keet’s mom checking in. 

image.jpg

Wow.  An hour or more before the game, and the lower bowl is nearly filled.  Color me impressed.  I honestly believe the crowd was good for at least 3 to 6 points last time around.

Thanks for the great pic   !

• KDB locked this topic

Archived