Defense?

Yes, they were playing Pack Line defense in the scrimmage.

I will confess that I was watching the offense much more than the defense.  I thought that Freddie McSwain was the best Pack Line defender.  As a general matter I thought they lost pressure on the ball handler too much.

17 hours ago, slojoe said:

Yes, they were playing Pack Line defense in the scrimmage.

I will confess that I was watching the offense much more than the defense.  I thought that Freddie McSwain was the best Pack Line defender.  As a general matter I thought they lost pressure on the ball handler too much.

that's huge in Pack Line.  ball pressure and exaggerate help are the focuses.  as i say, i like the concept personally.  don't know if Archie changes D at all?  i haven't been a fan of our zones in years.  even when some said it was good for a year or so, i always thought we gave up way too many easy baskets out of it.  that said, i like changing D here and there to catch teams a little off guard if it's a good zone.  like everyone else, just really hoping Archie gets us playing hard nosed and tough, solid D.

7 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

He did say in his presser yesterday that the D was at the same level as his team's at Dayton were at this time if the year.  That was good news to me.

That quote really stood out to me.  He doesn't come across as the type to say something that he didn't believe was true.  I found it to be very encouraging.

Archived