Nathan Childress

Hoosier92

1 hour ago, HoosierDom said:

194th ranked recruit without using a scholarship, plus a plausible back story suggesting he could be underrated. Seems like something to be excited about. 

I was reading that he had to miss out on his Sophomore and Junior year but had potential to be a better player. He also had to miss out on the AAU opportunity. At the very least he could help out in the practices. 

I see this as a huge win.  Indiana kid who wants to play for the Hoosiers enough that he's willing to forgo a scholarship to play elsewhere.  I don't care if he's Zach McRoberts or Grady Eifort...just glad he's a Hoosier.  Definitely a talented walk-on...looking forward to see how he develops.

1 minute ago, Hoosier92 said:

I don't think Vic was really on anyone else's radar either. 

Vic had offers from Notre Dame and Clemson.  Was on the radar, but not very prominent. 

OG had an injury either his junior or senior year, which dropped him off of the radar almost totally.  He had offers from Iowa and Georgia (ironically). 

54 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Was just about to post that.  OG wasn't on anyone's radar.  Crean more or less stumbled upon him recruiting Morgan.

Hey, who cares how they find them, just as long as they do.   I read an article about a Murray St assistant at an AAU tournament.  He wandered away looking for a snack and came across some guys playing 3 on 3.  One of the guys was Ja Morant.  How Morant was an unrated recruit is beyond me.

51 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

That makes more sense. He's not even in the 247 database.

That totally destroys my narrative of him turning down a scholarship to play elsewhere.

Nonetheless, I'm thrilled to have Indiana players on the Hoosiers, even if they're just solid, hard-nosed fundamental players.

37 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That totally destroys my narrative of him turning down a scholarship to play elsewhere.

Nonetheless, I'm thrilled to have Indiana players on the Hoosiers, even if they're just solid, hard-nosed fundamental players.

He did have several NAIA options and recurved interest from Moorehead State.

46 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Our high school point guard last name was Moorehead. From the time we took the floor for warm ups until the last second the we want Moorehead chant was. Alive and kicking 

Had a high school teammate with the same last name.  He had "GIVEME" on his license plate. 

Archived