Mabor Majak

milehiiu

If Archie is able to land Langford, Brooks, Jackson-Davis and Mabak, that's as close to "locking down the state" as he can possibly get for 2018-20. While ignoring the prep school, which I personally love.

Only one I haven't heard him in on is Dexter Shouse from LN. Although he is a four star, his offer list is not impressive.

4 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

If Archie is able to land Langford, Brooks, Jackson-Davis and Mabak, that's as close to "locking down the state" as he can possibly get for 2018-20. While ignoring the prep school, which I personally love.

Only one I haven't heard him in on is Dexter Shouse from LN. Although he is a four star, his offer list is not impressive.

Don't leave Trey Galloway out of the mix. Another 2020.  Archie is hot on his trail as well.  Some consider Trey to be number one in Indiana for 2020.

I've seen this young man play just a little little bit.  I believe he was just a freshman at Hamilton Southeastern last year.  He didn't play varsity except on some rare occasions.  He's a skinny, raw kid right now.  But you obviously can't teach height and he runs well, seems to have good feet, and seems to have some nice skills and hands.  He really hasn't played much basketball but seems to ooze potential.  Because of what he has been through I hope he makes it wherever he ends up.  What little I saw of him in person last year I thought you could see why big time programs are going to keep an eye on him.  I'd be really surprised if he didn't start at HSE this year and am really curious to see how much progress he has made.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Preferred walk on?

Can't imagine a 7 footer that has picked up a basketball before that can't get at minimum a D1 scholarship. Imagine most mid majors would love to have him as size is something that is hard to find at that level. Certainly would have him if he wanted to walk on and give him the opportunity to develop and earn a scholarship but I don't know why he would choose to do that.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Can't imagine a 7 footer that has picked up a basketball before that can't get at minimum a D1 scholarship. Imagine most mid majors would love to have him as size is something that is hard to find at that level. Certainly would have him if he wanted to walk on and give him the opportunity to develop and earn a scholarship but I don't know why he would choose to do that.

To win a national championship? I was only being half-serious by my post. I'm sure he can get plenty of offers at smaller schools. That being said, McRoberts seems to be enjoying himself as a walkon at IU. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

To win a national championship? I was only being half-serious by my post. I'm sure he can get plenty of offers at smaller schools. That being said, McRoberts seems to be enjoying himself as a walkon at IU. 

Most kids don't go to college basketball with NC aspirations. Some possibly do but I think the top ones go to get to the nba...most go to get playing time...some for the education only. A select few go determined to win it all. Not sure what Mabor's priorities are but I would think to get an education for free and to play the most he can would be high up there. McRoberts had a different circumstance than most kids...a luxury to go to IU on his parents dollar. Perhaps he is paying his own way...but he would likely be the exception not the rule. I know it wasn't serious so I apologize if I came on to serious myself. I just can't see too many kids with likely D1 offers on the table passing them up to play for free....but by all means I would take the kid!

• 1 month later...

Archived