Wichita State post game thread

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was mostly disappointed in the defense. It was lazy. I mean we’ve covered Carson Edwards and Howard and several other great scorers but we had no energy tonight and didn’t get up and stick to guys. Just didn’t bring the energy tonight. Hard to watch that.

Said it in the game thread. Archie had the opportunity to play the guys in years 1 and 2 that gave effort. Make that a demand of the program he was building. He didn’t demand that. I don’t care if walkons we’re playing. That’s the most concerning part moving forward under Archie. 

Tonight on display in AH is why I wanted and thought Marshall should have been our coach.  He brought back two players who played over 200 minutes and had 10 new players this year.  They struggled early but have won 14 out of 17 games so it shows that he is a great coach.  He gets the kind of kids I want at IU that are gritty and hate to lose and will do what it takes to win.  I have no idea why our fans was booing Stevenson because he is the type of leader I want at IU.  they showed him getting n his teammates in one of the timeouts when they did not get back on defense.

It is time for Archie to start recruiting different kind of players who are gritty and hard working and not get kids who rather have flash over substance.

Ok, so after not playing Race for weeks, regardless of the reason, he gets to play tonight while the guy who has been playing and happens to be a 5th year senior sits the bench the whole game.  I'm sure there is a method to CAM's maddness, but damn thats a head scratcher.  🤔🤔

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I was mostly disappointed in the defense. It was lazy. I mean we’ve covered Carson Edwards and Howard and several other great scorers but we had no energy tonight and didn’t get up and stick to guys. Just didn’t bring the energy tonight. Hard to watch that.

This is the one thing that bugs the HE double hockey sticks out of me. I can't remember an IU team that has had more games where the players had no intensity or energy. CAM needs to change tis asap and anyone that doesn't want to put forth the effort, they can leave.

1 minute ago, 3Ballin said:

Ok, so after not playing Race for weeks, regardless of the reason, he gets to play tonight while the guy who has been playing and happens to be a 5th year senior sits the bench the whole game.  I'm sure there is a method to CAM's maddness, but damn thats a head scratcher.  🤔🤔

Matchup because they play a pretty small lineup and Fitzner couldn't guard guys on the perimeter.

You know what I’m going to say. Wichita shoots it’s as bad as we do. They launched 30 and we launched 18. They get the win. 

I’ll be keeping an eye on UT and UVA.

You just can’t beat the math when your guards shoot it in the 30s from two. 

I’ll be intrigued to see what we do next year. 

2 minutes ago, Ib4IU said:

Said it in the game thread. Archie had the opportunity to play the guys in years 1 and 2 that gave effort. Make that a demand of the program he was building. He didn’t demand that. I don’t care if walkons we’re playing. That’s the most concerning part moving forward under Archie. 

Exactly my thoughts as well...kind of disheartening!!

Archie is on the same level as Crean.  I have seen nothing in his two years to make me think differently...continuing to play Smith when he obviously would rather be somewhere else has baffled me...very little Race, no Jake, no Cliff, no Fitzner tonight....i don’t get it and I don’t think Archie does either.  Next year is shaping up to be even worse.....

Archived