Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

Word is that he will be on our roster next season. Immediately eligible and 2 seasons left. His PER was higher than any not names Morgan this season. 

The problem I see is that he wants to enter law school.  When is the last time we had a player in law school?

He has been wanting to leave Butler for a while now, not happy with their staff. 

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Word is that he will be on our roster next season. Immediately eligible and 2 seasons left. His PER was higher than any not names Morgan this season. 

The problem I see is that he wants to enter law school.  When is the last time we had a player in law school?

He has been wanting to leave Butler for a while now, not happy with their staff. 

We have had a Dr not so long ago but as in Law school not sure. Ricopedia should have the answer for us LOL

22 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

I heard that on JMV last night but I thought he recanted that remark.  I think IU is one of his top 3 but where did you see he is definitely coming to IU.  I like him as a back up to Davis and he has a pretty good offensive game with this back to the basket.  He plays with energy and he has some nasty in his game which is what this program needs.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I heard that on JMV last night but I thought he recanted that remark.  I think IU is one of his top 3 but where did you see he is definitely coming to IU.  I like him as a back up to Davis and he has a pretty good offensive game with this back to the basket.  He plays with energy and he has some nasty in his game which is what this program needs.

Butler sources. Can never say with 100% certainty, but it looks like its been "set" for a few days now. 

Brunk himself made the announcement on Wednesday (May 27) that he will be transferring.  Butler has wished him well.

Joey will graduate in May with a degree in Education.

He did not announce where he will be transferring to.... just that he will be transferring.

8 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Butler sources. Can never say with 100% certainty, but it looks like its been "set" for a few days now. 

I thought. he might go to OSU since Holtmann recruited him to Butler.  I also thought he would be the starting center this year at Butler and I am surprised he is transferring.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought. he might go to OSU since Holtmann recruited him to Butler.  I also thought he would be the starting center this year at Butler and I am surprised he is transferring.

I think it's still possible,but if he wants to go to Law school IU would be ideal and close to home

7 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I'm not going to speculate on Brunk.

I do know he announced his transfer publicly yesterday. (As does everyone). 

My preference would be to not speak about this until things have progressed more. And, it's not my place. 

Do you have any inclination of a timeline when news will break?

43 minutes ago, Ib4IU said:

Did I miss the announcement? 

No but he is going to enter the NBA draft. Will he hire an agent right away I don’t know is there a chance he could come back if he doesn’t like what his stock is? It’s possible but I’d say unlikely.

30 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Could you clarify if Brunk has been in contact with IU coaching staff or is this based on radio personality speculation?

It’s not radio speculation. Yes there was something said JMV’s show yesterday. Most of the Brunk to IU stuff has came from people around the Butler program and campus. Mostly has been talked about on one of the Butler message boards. 

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

No but he is going to enter the NBA draft. Will he hire an agent right away I don’t know is there a chance he could come back if he doesn’t like what his stock is? It’s possible but I’d say unlikely.

The longer it goes as far as a decision for Romeo leaving for the NBA, the more it weighs on his shoulders to return for one more year. 

1 hour ago, Ib4IU said:

How’s he joining? There are no available scholarships. 

Correct.  That being said, I would lay odds at Romeo staying and nobody transferring at maybe 20% at best.  It's been a long time since IU had a year where no one transferred and no one left early for the NBA.  My guess is there's a very good chance the staff already knows of at least one available scholarship.  I believe them when they say they want to keep and develop talent, but I would be surprised if every team member is perfectly content about their roles and playing time.  That's a really tall task for any college coach.

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

wouldn't you want to make the decision earlier then so you can dream about the cash for the ticket that you have already submitted?

I'm sure it's a lot to think about.  I don't expect a decision until school is out.  Still think there is a chance he returns, the fact CAM isn't burning up the recruiting trail is telling.  

Archived