Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Who is flipping? And flipping between who?

Not the schools or Joey.  But, rather some who were certain Joey was IU bound.  JMV, backed off from his original statement.  And, as I said, I was reading one Butler board, where many at first, there were many who were convinced that Joey was IU bound as well... are not so sure any longer.

I feel this is one where we will have to wait till the fat lady sings. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Is it depressing to be so negative on everyting

My expectations is to have teams that win like Purdue....uh it’s been awhile and well let’s be honest...we don’t have a team like that coming in next year. Not negative just realist. I thought we were going to the tournament all year if we could have just pulled out a couple more games...it hurt to watch how poorly we played. Going to lower expectations and hope to be surprised.

1 minute ago, DocHoosier said:

@dgambill Werent you the same guy who was complaining about IU getting unathletic white guys?? Purdue is loaded with those type of guys (Kline, Eifert, Stefanovich). Speaking out of both ends of your mouth. 

Uh I think you have me mixed up with someone else. I wasn’t big on Brunk but who do we have that is slow and white? Nobody to complain about. My #1 recruiting wish is to land Ethan Morton who is white. All I meant was with teams like Purdue is a team going to multiple consecutive sweet 16s and winning B1G championships. I don’t think this team is close to that right now. Just hope Archie can build it...black, white, brown whatever!

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

My expectations is to have teams that win like Purdue....uh it’s been awhile and well let’s be honest...we don’t have a team like that coming in next year. Not negative just realist. I thought we were going to the tournament all year if we could have just pulled out a couple more games...it hurt to watch how poorly we played. Going to lower expectations and hope to be surprised.

You're selling next years roster short. But it’s ok, to better to just be negative. Carry on. 

31 minutes ago, Feathery said:

You're selling next years roster short. But it’s ok, to better to just be negative. Carry on. 

I love Hunter and Phineese...but I don’t know what else to be excited about. Trayce is a young big. I just don’t see where the scoring comes from.

30 minutes ago, Feathery said:

1.) people always discredit how horrible lack of chemistry can be for a team

2.) people always assume, for some reason, players won’t improve

1 minute ago, IUDan93 said:

The three things you need to have a top tier program:

1)Culture

2)Culture

3)Culture

This crosses into football as well. Any colts fans here? Ballard emphasizes culture and the lockeroom during each interview. Chemistry really appeared to lack with this years team

15 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’m not even a Green fan and he could average 10-13 a game

If Green is our poor mans Carson Edwards next year we are in trouble. You really really have to manage Green carefully...he has the worst basketball IQ I’ve ever witnessed in IU basketball. I’m not trying to be pestimistic...I just objectively trying to figure out how we get good enough to be a tournament team.

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

And what does it take to build a culture?

1. Time

2. Time

3. Time

Yep....my hope rises when I see CAM take steps to inject his attitude into this program.  I hope this off-season we see clear signs that he is doing this.  Brunk, I think, is a culture builder.

Brunk would be our 7th scholarship post player. And most of those guys are college 5s more than 4s - none of them have shown an ability to shoot the ball at this level. If these rumors are true, have to assume Archie is expecting one or more transfers.

38 minutes ago, Shooter said:

Brunk would be our 7th scholarship post player. And most of those guys are college 5s more than 4s - none of them have shown an ability to shoot the ball at this level. If these rumors are true, have to assume Archie is expecting one or more transfers.

Race was recruited as a 4. But yeah, I agree with what you are saying. 

Archived