Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

1 hour ago, goonaha said:

1.) Who was the other family? I know of Ed Smith only.

2.) Dawand Jones is a future pro O-lineman. He would manhandle anyone. TJD will not be facing guys stronger than Jones. TJD handled Vernon Carey well in AAU as I recall, who is a pretty large man.

Reportedly, Jake's sister tweeted about the staff being dishonest with promises they made to him. 

Yea, that dude was a l-o-a-d to be sure.  But in college there will be players that are bigger than him,  more athletic than him, and because of their size and maturity be an overmatch for TJD as a freshman.  It seems bigs are always a bit slower to develop than backcourt players.  The big question will be how the staff will use him.  That's why I like the idea of having at least 2 seasoned players to man the lane so TJD isn't baptized by fire.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Reportedly, Jake's sister tweeted about the staff being dishonest with promises they made to him. 

Yea, that dude was a l-o-a-d to be sure.  But in college there will be players that are bigger than him,  more athletic than him, and because of their size and maturity be an overmatch for TJD as a freshman.  It seems bigs are always a bit slower to develop than backcourt players.  The big question will be how the staff will use him.  That's why I like the idea of having at least 2 seasoned players to man the lane so TJD isn't baptized by fire.

I’m not sure how there are many bigger than 6’8 360 which is how his rivals page has him listed. Taller sure. 360? No chance. 

35 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

4 possible transfer,2 are graduating,Romeo could declare....that's 7 total departures..wow...if any of the state players transfer I would think that would not look good.

We have had state players transfer before, big deal. If they dont fit they dont fit.

51 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

4 possible transfer,2 are graduating,Romeo could declare....that's 7 total departures..wow...if any of the state players transfer I would think that would not look good.

I didn't ask any further questions because at that point we started talking about Brunk. But to clarify... when he said "1-2, 2 are still thinking" I took it as 2 total at most (not 4). 

1 hour ago, Zuckerkorn said:

But in college there will be players that are bigger than him,  more athletic than him, and because of their size and maturity be an overmatch for TJD as a freshman.  It seems bigs are always a bit slower to develop than backcourt players.  The big question will be how the staff will use him.  That's why I like the idea of having at least 2 seasoned players to man the lane so TJD isn't baptized by fire.

TJD reminds me a lot of Maryland's Jalen Smith. I'd take Smith's freshman numbers for TJD...12 PPG, 7 RPG, 27 MPG

19 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Its a big deal when your in year 2 and you want to lock down the state and your first class has transfers from within the state

I will call it a BIG DEAL, if the people I’ve heard are the cancers stay and the ones I haven’t heard a thing about leave. So far I haven’t heard Moore mentioned in anything negative behind the scenes. So mildly concerning.

4 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I will call it a BIG DEAL, if the people I’ve heard are the cancers stay and the ones I haven’t heard a thing about leave. So far I haven’t heard Moore mentioned in anything negative behind the scenes. So mildly concerning.

Why is this mildly concerning?  I just viewed this as he can’t play good enough D in Archie’s system.  IU had little big-man depth all season, and he never saw the floor. I just took that as Archie didn’t think he could play D.  

You think there’s something more?

3 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Have you heard about more coming?

No but I do think there will be more. I have NOTHING to back it up but I just have a gut feeling there will be a name that’s a surprise, someone most would like to stay. 

8 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Moore is transferring 

38 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Its a big deal when your in year 2 and you want to lock down the state and your first class has transfers from within the state

Only to you. Crean said the same. Knight had the state locked down and had Indy kids leave. Kids just sometime dont fit when they get to campus.

36 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

TJD reminds me a lot of Maryland's Jalen Smith. I'd take Smith's freshman numbers for TJD...12 PPG, 7 RPG, 27 MPG

Absolutely.  I'd take those numbers from any returning player too, I just don't expect that fom him.  Please prove me wrong Trayce!

6 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Not just me

I agree, it would be pretty concerning if any of the freshman class transferred after how poorly this season went.  Have to think that it would give in-state coaches pause about where the program is headed.  I would also think that it would be concerning to the crowd that keeps repeating the “get old, stay old” mantra over and over and over and over.

30 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I agree, it would be pretty concerning if any of the freshman class transferred after how poorly this season went.  Have to think that it would give in-state coaches pause about where the program is headed.  I would also think that it would be concerning to the crowd that keeps repeating the “get old, stay old” mantra over and over and over and over.

We are talking about Anderson here. Rob isnt going anywhere. Does Anderson look like a future Big Ten stud to you? Kid didnt even know the f'ing inbound plays when he got in. I dont see him going anywhere but you never know.

1 hour ago, Bustout said:

Why is this mildly concerning?  I just viewed this as he can’t play good enough D in Archie’s system.  IU had little big-man depth all season, and he never saw the floor. I just took that as Archie didn’t think he could play D.  

You think there’s something more?

No it could be that. No question. I’m just saying there’s been a lot of smoke around 2-3 players and their attitudes. And if a situation occurred where all of those kids are back and several not rumored to have problems transfer that is a red flag to me.

honestly I hope we clean house of EVERY KID who doesn’t want to be coaches and do exactly what they’re told to do. And BUY IN

18 minutes ago, Indykev said:

We are talking about Anderson here. Rob isnt going anywhere. Does Anderson look like a future Big Ten stud to you? Kid didnt even know the f'ing inbound plays when he got in. I dont see him going anywhere but you never know.

Anderson struggled mightily...but he has the body (size) and skill set (shooting) that can translate to being a good player in a couple years. He was really thrown into the fire before he was ready it was clear...that said he is exactly the type of kid I  think that should get better from freshman to sophomore year by getting a little leaner/quicker...playing where he isn't thinking all the time and reacting...and gaining confidence in his shot again. Not many come in as a freshman and excel right away. I really hope he stays...we are going to need sf depth for this team now that Keion went elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Anderson struggled mightily...but he has the body (size) and skill set (shooting) that can translate to being a good player in a couple years. He was really thrown into the fire before he was ready it was clear...that said he is exactly the type of kid I  think that should get better from freshman to sophomore year by getting a little leaner/quicker...playing where he isn't thinking all the time and reacting...and gaining confidence in his shot again. Not many come in as a freshman and excel right away. I really hope he stays...we are going to need sf depth for this team now that Keion went elsewhere.

Like I said he, i'm guessing isnt going anywhere, nor i'm I saying he should. Just debating if he did we arent losing the future Larry Bird and every high school coach in Indiana would block Archie.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Moore, Smith, Green, and Anderson are the four that are being rumored on the Rivals site.  Also some possible insight into Green's 3 game suspension.

I'd have to look, but I don't even thing the timeline for Green's suspension matched the locker room altercation rumor.  My guess is, that's typically bad Rivals information.

...and at least two of those would surprise me quite a bit.  As much as I liked Moore's potential, his move does not surprise me...just too far down in the depth chart.

Archived