Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

3 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Again, if the premise is Anderson is that bad and Henry is that good, you keep the spot open for Henry.

Yes he had a great game tonight but his whole season was good but not great.  Remember it was just a week ago that Izzo was all over him for his lack of effort on defense.  Also coming out of high school they were ranked pretty close and Anderson was the better shooter.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Yes he had a great game tonight but his whole season was good but not great.  Remember it was just a week ago that Izzo was all over him for his lack of effort on defense.  Also coming out of high school they were ranked pretty close and Anderson was the better shooter.

And Anderson hasnt seen the floor for us, a middling .500 team while Henry plays large minutes for a big ten champion and elite 8 level team...not really in the same league right now

Henry’s stock as a prospect was soaring by the end of his recruitment.  Damezi can be a good player if he works hard this summer especially at the speed of the game.  It’s one thing to be guarded by some random 6’1 kid from South Bend Adams who will tell his grandkids he covered you, and an entirely different thing to have fast and twitchy big ten athletes not giving you time and space. 

He has the ability to be effective.  We saw it with Hartman and Coverdale. But it won’t happen by itself.  

By the way, I never perceived Damezi as as a lack of effort guy.  I saw him as a guy with energy.  I think he can do it, but who really knows how another person is wired.  

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Henry’s stock as a prospect was soaring by the end of his recruitment.  Damezi can be a good player if he works hard this summer especially at the speed of the game.  It’s one thing to be guarded by some random 6’1 kid from South Bend Adams who will tell his grandkids he covered you, and an entirely different thing to have fast and twitchy big ten athletes not giving you time and space. 

He has the ability to be effective.  We saw it with Hartman and Coverdale. But it won’t happen by itself.  

By the way, I never perceived Damezi as as a lack of effort guy.  I saw him as a guy with energy.  I think he can do it, but who really knows how another person is wired.  

If IU didnt lack depth Damezi would of been the perfect redshirt.  He is going to be a good player.  He has length, very athletic and a shooter mindset.  He needs to work on defensive positioning, handle, and ability to rip and drive in the dribble drive offense.  

He is only a freshman and is a long term excellent prospect.  

11 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

My only exposure to damezi is his playing at IU.  I would not classify him as athletic, did he show better athleticism in high school.  

Watching him at IU, to me his showed quickness and strength.  I have no idea what his verticle is, but quickness and stenght to me is a form of athletic ability.  That combined with an appitude to go 100% would be very welcomed.  He seems to have a long wingspan as well.  

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

And Joey after announcing he would be transferring from Butler, has stated that he would like to stay in state. 

This posted by a guy that doesn’t know the difference between Iowa and Nebraska. Haha. The last I checked, the OSU was outside of Indiana, correct?

4 minutes ago, BDB said:

This posted by a guy that doesn’t know the difference between Iowa and Nebraska. Haha. The last I checked, the OSU was outside of Indiana, correct?

You are never gonna let me live that blunder down.  Good for you.  I deserve it. 

Archived