Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, BDB said:

This posted by a guy that doesn’t know the difference between Iowa and Nebraska. Haha. The last I checked, the OSU was outside of Indiana, correct?

There is no difference. 

There is a place in Nebraska called Iowa . . . and of course there's an Iowa, Nebraska.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to call a friend in Ohio county, Indiana.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Madison22 said:

There is no difference. 

There is a place in Nebraska called Iowa . . . and of course there's an Iowa, Nebraska.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to call a friend in Ohio county, Indiana.

giphy.gif

I live in Ames Iowa. Western Iowa is, Nebraska pretty much. 

1 hour ago, Muckraker said:

What, wait, there's a difference between Iowa and Nebraska, now? Who knew? 

Well, having traveled I-80 for quite a few times.... I tell ya, despite the signs saying welcome to Nebraska or Iowa going the other way... there is no way telling one state from the other.   LOL

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Well, having traveled I-80 for quite a few times.... I tell ya, despite the signs saying welcome to Nebraska or Iowa going the other way... there is no way telling one state from the other.   LOL

I agree they are both one large corn field!  Whats the difference?  

40 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Sounds like Eastern Kentucky and W Virginia...except I’m talking about the welfare claimants.

7 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well shucks can you take a picture of that there web url so I can type it into my Alta vista and read it myself? 

Well.  Aw shucks. I read it in that there very link about Joey that I posted above...

"Joey has expressed a desire to stay  in state".....   is what it says.  

Funny thing about this interweb thing.  Once something gets stuck on it... it's there forever.  Picture included. 

Not to derail this thread but headed to Des Moines this summer for first time ever. Never been past Iowa City in the state so I'm actually looking forward to it. Any golf courses in the area worth playing?

Regarding Joey Brunk....I'm cool with adding him but I'm going to be a broken record. Need shooters. Somewhere out there has to be a kid who wants to be a Hoosier who can shoot. 

37 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Well.  Aw shucks. I read it in that there very link about Joey that I posted above...

"Joey has expressed a desire to stay  in state".....   is what it says.  

Funny thing about this interweb thing.  Once something gets stuck on it... it's there forever.  Picture included. 

Oh that’s a quote he said about going to butler. Things very well could have changed. 

55 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not to derail this thread but headed to Des Moines this summer for first time ever. Never been past Iowa City in the state so I'm actually looking forward to it. Any golf courses in the area worth playing?

Regarding Joey Brunk....I'm cool with adding him but I'm going to be a broken record. Need shooters. Somewhere out there has to be a kid who wants to be a Hoosier who can shoot. 

https://www.catchdesmoines.com/blog/post/top-5-greater-des-moines-golf-courses/

https://thelegacygolfclub.com/?utm_source=GMB Listing&utm_medium=Organic

I have been to Jester Park and plan to hit TCI this summer.  Both are a little north of Des Moines.  I have also played the Legacy in Norwalk years ago.

12 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I seem to remember that Brunk went to Butler because he wanted to stay close to.his younger brother there in Southport.

Wonder if that still figures in...

His dad's illness had to have played a part in it, but that was not the main reason.  He was impressed by the family like atmosphere at Butler (he was really impressed during his official visit) .  That was when Holtmann was there and Crean was here.  I don't know if the presence of Holtmann at OSU is more attractive than the changes on the bench at IU.

3 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

His dad's illness had to have played a part in it, but that was not the main reason.  He was impressed by the family like atmosphere at Butler (he was really impressed during his official visit) .  That was when Holtmann was there and Crean was here.  I don't know if the presence of Holtmann at OSU is more attractive than the changes on the bench at IU.

His dad wasn't diagnosed with cancer until after he'd signed with Butler and had played 7 games in 2016-17

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

His dad wasn't diagnosed with cancer until after he'd signed with Butler and had played 7 games in 2016-17

Ahhh.  That makes sense.  I didn't remember the time line.  The part I posted about why he chose Butler came second hand from Joe (Joey's dad).  My insurance guy had dinner with Joe and recounted that info to me (all 3 of us graduated from Southport in 78) and there was no mention of Joe's health.

18 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Ahhh.  That makes sense.  I didn't remember the time line.  The part I posted about why he chose Butler came second hand from Joe (Joey's dad).  My insurance guy had dinner with Joe and recounted that info to me (all 3 of us graduated from Southport in 78) and there was no mention of Joe's health.

Joey does sound like an extremely family-oriented kid. 

On one hand, the proximity to his real family may help us, as long as he can look past the developing IU "family."

33 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Cool to see another Southport grad on here. I graduated in 98.

Archived