Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Just asking but how does a guy who was projected as a backup at Butler next season give us what we need?  Seems like a slight upgrade for Moore. We need shooters.

Fair question for sure. 

We need shooters in a big way. But we also probably need at least one big "banger." We were bodied by teams up front in a number of games, because we have guys playing under-sized up front and don't have much in the way of bangers. Brunk presumably would come off the bench in that role.

3 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Just asking but how does a guy who was projected as a backup at Butler next season give us what we need?  Seems like a slight upgrade for Moore. We need shooters.

He would have been the starting center next year at Butler.  Also he would give us a player who has good inside post moves who can score and he plays with a energy that this team needs.  he would also help back up Davis because you never know with his injury problems if he can play 30 minutes a game.  Also we will have more than one opening so we will look for shooting as well.

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He would have been the starting center next year at Butler.  Also he would give us a player who has good inside post moves who can score and he plays with a energy that this team needs.  he would also help back up Davis because you never know with his injury problems if he can play 30 minutes a game.  Also we will have more than one opening so we will look for shooting as well.

The article I read said he would be a back up next year to a new recruit coming in.

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

The article I read said he would be a back up next year to a new recruit coming in.

To me he would be a really good pickup who can play minutes behind Davis and he has had a lot of experience in a tough conference.  I watched him in person a few game s in high school and one in college and he has a little nasty in his game which is what this program needs.  Also he is better on the offensive end than some give him credit for because he knows how to play with his back to the basket.  I think we need to gain some experience and he would bring it plus I think we will probably see a couple more openings so this signing would make sense to me.

Scott said it perfectly.  I know we need shooters but we also need a legit big man besides Davis.  I am not sure if people haven't seen him play and are rushing to judgement, but he plays hard and tough, and has energy.  That's exactly what Archie needs to instill in terms of culture.  

By the way, I am grading him as a role player backup type for a year, and then a starter his last year.  He can be factor for us.

Archived