Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I keep reading backup center I don’t know but brunk has a good chance to start in my opinion. He is very active and willing to mix it up could be really good I think with good players around him

Whether it is Deron + TJD or Brunk + TJD or anyone else + TJD we are going to be a lot bigger inside than we were this year. We have to be with Wesson, Ward, Williams etc.

That is why we need another big. I think Brunk would be a good fit.

1 minute ago, Zeisloft and Roth said:

Whether it is Deron + TJD or Brunk + TJD or anyone else + TJD we are going to be a lot bigger inside than we were this year. We have to be with Wesson, Ward, Williams etc.

I agree the big ten is very physical especially in the paint just having a couple years under his belt is a big plus! I am not sure what the roster will look like but there is a need for about 80 minutes to be filled by those three and probably one more player

11 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I agree the big ten is very physical especially in the paint just having a couple years under his belt is a big plus! I am not sure what the roster will look like but there is a need for about 80 minutes to be filled by those three and probably one more player

We asked JMO to do a lot on the defensive end this year against Teske, Wesson, Fernando, Ward, Tillman, Pardon, etc

36 minutes ago, Zeisloft and Roth said:

That is why we need another big. I think Brunk would be a good fit.

TJD, Brunk, Davis, and Thompson. 

Look at the depth MSU uses upfront. 

41 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I keep reading backup center I don’t know but brunk has a good chance to start in my opinion. He is very active and willing to mix it up could be really good I think with good players around him

Good point.  Competition is also a very good thing.  I did say backup, but I meant to say "at least" a good backup with toughness and energy.  

De'Ron has a big offseason ahead of him.  If he gets right, he is damn near impossible to stop in the post.  He has an uncommon combination of power and physical presence yet great scoring touch.  The question is if he can lose weight, get conditioned, and get his Achilles in better shape.  That was a tough injury.

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good point.  Competition is also a very good thing.  I did say backup, but I meant to say "at least" a good backup with toughness and energy.  

De'Ron has a big offseason ahead of him.  If he gets right, he is damn near impossible to stop in the post.  He has an uncommon combination of power and physical presence yet great scoring touch.  The question is if he can lose weight, get conditioned, and get his Achilles in better shape.  That was a tough injury.

*shed fat/build muscle... the true "weight" isnt overly relevant. 

Give us 22-25 mins

Brunk 15

Race 15... DEPTHHHH

21 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

3 million per year and he drives an Explorer...i would have thought he would be in a Cadillac Escalade or something...🤔

Not an Escalade but it’s a expedition which is basically a bigger more expensive version of the explorer.

13 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

I’m gonna use a bad word here but...Twitter...there I said it! Saw in Twiiter that someone said Jager and Fitzner both had lunch with the Brunks as well as Archie?? Anyone have any info on this? Seems like a surprising two players to pick to me

May seem odd but 2 guys that represent us very well IMO. Fitz being a transfer can add a lot of insight. You always want the right fit for whom you have the recruit hanging out with. Very vital ask the Zellers

1 minute ago, HoosierKix said:

I’m gonna use a bad word here but...Twitter...there I said it! Saw in Twiiter that someone said Jager and Fitzner both had lunch with the Brunks as well as Archie?? Anyone have any info on this? Seems like a surprising two players to pick to me

Fitzner was across the street with 2 hot blondes when I took the photo. So yes he might have joined

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

May seem odd but 2 guys that represent us very well IMO. Fitz being a transfer can add a lot of insight. You always want the right fit for whom you have the recruit hanging out with. Very vital ask the Zellers

Great point Billingsley! Jager is a great ambassador for IU but I guess I sold Fitzner short just the fact that he didn’t play much so thought maybe he didn’t appreciate the coaching staff very much, but that was an unfair assumption!

2 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Great point Billingsley! Jager is a great ambassador for IU but I guess I sold Fitzner short just the fact that he didn’t play much so thought maybe he didn’t appreciate the coaching staff very much, but that was an unfair assumption!

Others were in class.

Archived